Titans promote Tim Kelly to Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Feb 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Vrabel not the problem since he’s been here. The failure to improve the OL, especially with personnel, has been the single most identifiable deficiency. I agree with Vrabel’s comments. Downing is gone. Vrabel wants guysthat work as a coaching unit - familiarity is important when you’re responsible results.

Some of these comments suggest Vrabel doesn’t want to win, but would rather just give his buddies a job. He’s been in the game of time. Except the last half of last year his results are way better than average. The OL personnel was putrid. Nobody could operate a successful offense. Let him do his job. He knows results matter. Amy knows results matter. JRob gone. Downing gone. If Vrabel doesn’t get it on track, he’s next. But it’s going to take 2 years at least to build back from the damage JRob’s poor decisions caused.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

I agree. Vrabel has that 1960's Vince Lombardi mindset were you can run the same play/offense over and over again and if you execute it to perfection it will work every time. But we all know that's not how the NFL works anymore. Yes there are tried a true aspects to play designs and play calling but we know now in the modern day NFL that you need to some innovation in your schemes and how you coach and play the game. Without it opposing team defenses can easily combat what you are doing. The wildcat is a good example, when it was new teams had success with it now it's a gadget play, same for the read option. Going into each game with the run run run mentally is bad, you need a game to game plan. The team we play this week has a horrible secondary so exploit it etc etc.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Young54

Young54 Starter

Huh?

Please elaborate.

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

I feel like we actually had a lot of success with the Wildcat the previous 3 years. Did we run it at all last season? Henry Jump pas maybe?

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think I remember seeing it 2-3x. I think that limited is kind of what helps make it successful.
    Trying what Miami was doing years ago is too much and likely decreases any effectiveness.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Young54

Young54 Starter

I was at the Titans at Miami game where we took out both their QBs, Chad Pennington and Beck (maybe? Something like that). I don't remember the score, but we were up when the backup got hurt. They had no more QBs. They wildcatted the crap out of us and we lost. Ronnie Brown and someone else I think.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Young54

Young54 Starter

Correction. It was Chad Henne. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Randy Moss’ first game as a Titan.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

Ha. Such a Titans thing to do.
    I’d probably have to go look it up, but somehow Miami has gotten super crazy or at least controversial wins over TN.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fishface was more arrogant than Vrabel... fishface openly mocked Titan fans

10. HurrayTitans!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar