Titans promote FB Mooney

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Grabbing Robinson or Conner would be an upgrade at the FB position.It has been a long time since we had a really good one.Lorenzo Neal did a great job when we had Eddie George and i'm thinking if we could grab either Robinson or Conner they could really be helpful in the backfield whether it be blocking or running.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Wow IR?? Damn.

3. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

I think They were hoping he would be healthy in time for Pitt,and they Put Mooney on the Ps. In case he wasn't .
    If Mooney doesn't play well Sun. then I expect them to sign one of the Fb's they brought in Fri..
    (can they put Mooney back on the PS this year,After being active for a game this season?)

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mooney is an ok FB with some upside, Id like to see him stick but IDK if he has the skills to. But how often will we feature a FB, 7-8 plays?

5. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

This is another thing , with Walker and Stevens able to line up at Fb ,And given the limited time a Fb may be used in a formation Why do we even have a Fb on the roster?

6. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Damn, why didn't we see the future and cut Johnson last Saturday?

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Guise! This was the move we needed to happen..............CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! /sarcasm

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Well I have to admit it is classy of the FO to pay these guys and put them on IR instead of just cutting them. I agree with the moves in Quinn and Mariani's case. And in Quinn's case we did actually trade for him so I like the idea of keeping him on the team and letting him collect a check. His cap hit isn't gonna break us and neither will Marc's. It is Bud's money and not mine so that also makes it easier for me to feel this way.

9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I like Mooney better than Quin Johnson. I can't stand Johnson for some reason. Happy to see Mooney getting his shot. The guy served 3 years as an Army officer and had a reputation while playing at West Point for being mistake free and having attention to detail.

I don't think we will miss Johnson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar