Titans promote Downing to OC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Jan 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Lol the titans really can do no wrong. Jrob is that u?

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Art had them he just never seemed to use them outside hump/firk on 3rd down.

3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Just gonna side step the facts huh? I’m actually placing the blame on players, lack of talent ... personnel. Which is Jrobs dept. Not the coaching staff. So I doubt I’m JRob.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

You say that, but as anyone seen you both in the same room?

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I'm side stepping facts? Youre the one ignoring that downing took a top 5 offence and made them a bottom 10 offence aand cost del Rio his job lol.

When the offense stinks next year what the excuse?

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think Del Rio cost himself his job.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Of course he did. But Del Rio is a defensive guy, he promoted Downing to run the offense, and it tanked so he got fired.

It's a pretty parallel situation to vrabel and the titans now.

If the offense takes a big step back, and the defense doesn't make significant strides you best believe vrabel will find himself on the hot seat awfully quick.

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Except Del Rio fired a successful OC because of his (Del Rio) ego and promoted Downing before he was ready.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He was in the nfl 12 years before his he was oc lol. Is he magically ready in year 15?

10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Good point. I’ll let you wonder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar