Titans President/CEO Rumors & Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

What I mean is why hire yet another guy to run the show for one season if you're just gonna sell and the new owner would absolutely want to hire their own guy. Also Underwood has been a trusted adviser/lawyer of the Adams' family for years and years and years. Who better to help facilitate a sale and hold down the fort in the meantime?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

what sale?

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Just speculating Bravey. Like I said, could be "spun that way", nothing more. I know everyone thinks JLC is full of it and I don't blame them. But I've heard him on the radio a few times talking about the rumblings of a sale he seems way too adamant about it for me to think he's just throwing s*** against the wall and hoping it sticks.

I'm not gonna be the least bit surprised if the team is sold within a year.

4. JCBRAVE

Well with a popular name in Mariota and hopefully some wins this year, we could be a desirable team for potential owners, but its very hard to say either way.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We're very desirable to potential suitors either way. The question is does our ownership want to sell? Depending on who/what you want to believe, there is some disagreement within ownership regarding it.

Considering the complete clusterf*** we've seen within the ownership group/FO since Bud died, I personally don't find it very hard to believe that there are some who want to sell.

6. JCBRAVE

Business 101 says we're for sale, says Im for sale too FWIW. But the words out of the acting CEO say otherwise... But yea it could go either way, we'll find out in a year or 2 I guess...

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It doesn't really do ownership any good to publicly announce the team is for sale though so why would they?

Again, I think JLC's credibility is suspect for sure. But actually listening to him speak on the matter he just seems so adamant and swears there is internal disagreement within ownership about it. He really doesn't sound like someone who is just making stuff up for bragging rights.

8. JCBRAVE

It doesn't do them any good to say we're maybe for sale or whatnot, so say we're not, but just the fact JLC is the guy pushing this makes me have doubts and think we're staying as is...

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No doubt. Like I said, totally fair to question his credibility. Just saying he kinda sold me on the idea actually hearing him speak so passionately about it. Maybe he's just a good salesman though, who knows.

FWIW I'm not saying the team is definitely being sold. Just that it wouldn't surprise me and this move to keep Underwood in place could be seen as another sign that it might be the case.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

Im pretty much with you on this, minus buying the JLC stuff, but what would have to happen for you to think we're staying put..?

I just dont think there was much that was going to happen. Family is still recovering from Bud's passing, they need time to get this right...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar