Titans preparing to go without Britt, but won’t release him

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

STFU.

Don't ever talk CBs again.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Could have been?

He clearly was for the time he played.

I loved Rolle. One of my top 5 Titans of all time. But we haven't seen another CB like Pacman, which is what makes the story sad.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Pacman is half the player Andre Dyson was

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah I agree you shouldn't waste your time cause you lose.

I've watched the guy play, you are just incapable of complex ideas... like that our #2 CB was so crappy he was being abused. So I agree that Pacman was better than Reynaldo Hill.

Watch the highlights. The one's I see his big INT returns are all based on errant throws by the QB, not some playmaking where Pacman stepped in front of the ball.

And of course there aren't many of those because he's had a poor career. All the real evidence that is needed.

You should probably change your username again so you've got a chance at newbies taking you seriously.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You can't talk CBs without mentioning Reynaldo Hill and Nick Harper. They were in a league of their own.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I completely agree with Deuce on this. Pacman was the most talented corner we've had. He's never been the same after that season long suspension for the nightclub incident that he was never proven responsible for in any way, shape, or form. Maybe he was lazy and never really got back to the shape he was in before that, I don't know. I do know that suspending him for a whole season after a situation where so little evidence that he was even involved with the crime committed was ridiculous. He got arrested one too many times. I get that. A whole season though? Never understood why nobody had a problem with that, but lots of people wanted Goodell's head for trying to stop a psychopath like James Harrison from trying to kill other players on the field with MUCH lighter punishments.

7. Alex1939

Yep he is so talented that he has had a below average career...

Might as well say Tyrone Calico is the best WR we ever had. You can't PROVE differently if you are going to just allow excuses.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree. Pacman was a first-time offender (NFL wise) and should have only been suspended 4 games tops. I understand Goodell wanting to make an example but the whole season was way too tough a suspension. It totally ruined his career. Granted he had a big part in it but I have no doubt that he would have been able to bounce back after a 4-game suspension.

I hated all the negative press that he brought on himself and the team but I can't even act like he wasn't the most naturally talented player we had ever had. His speed, awareness, cover skills, jukes, and football IQ were off the charts. I seriously think he would have just as many if not more return TDs than Devin Hester not to mention how many INTs and pick sixes he could have had. Prime example of wasted talent.

9. Alex1939

I know right, Calico was going to best Jerry Rice's records. Damn knees, prime example of wasted talent.

Sad thing is some fool that had one good season here is now considered by some as the greatest Titan CB of all time. Ridiculous.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

For the record, I would never call Pacman the greatest CB in Titans history! He was certainly the most talented though. I personally believe that Mike Tyson in his prime would have knocked any heavyweight fighter in history out cold with relative ease. He was not the greatest of all time though. He wasn't that good for a long enough period of time. Same deal here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar