Titans prepared to draft 'best player available'

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

What baggage? This isn't a guy that has had multiple run ins with the law or has had work ethic issues. Outside of the fact that he is a famous person that got caught up in some sort of weird 'Catfish' thing there has never been a single issue with Te'o. In fact, he has always been praised for his work ethic and leadership skills and the fact that he honestly loves playing football (all of which was said BEFORE the girlfriend thing).

Te'o did get a lot hype by the media because of the story about his girlfriend but lets not act like he was not going to be a first/second round pick even before that story broke. He has had 100+ tackles for 3 seasons in a row and is a legit 3 down linebacker. Also, his 5.5 TFL may seem a bit low but they are higher then AJ Klein who I've seen you hype on this site who has only had 3.5 this season.

Add in the fact that in 2011 Te'o had 128 tackles, 13.5 TFL, and 5 sacks nd in 2010 he had 133 tackles, 9.5 TFL. Obviously, he can make plays behind the LoS but schematically Notre Dame used him in coverage more then run support. Te'o also has insane gap discipline which is something that is overlooked in today's NFL.

Also, despite his lack of athleticism he is a great coverage linebacker that uses his instincts to read jump routes on zone coverage and has the ability to read the opposing QB's eyes. He may not have the pure athleticism that will him to man up on man up on today's faster TE's (which is what we have Zach Brown for) but he is most likely the best linebacker at zone coverage in this draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Yea, this logic doesnt really apply to picks 1-10. Unless its a QB who might be a bust, most lineman and skill players ranked that high aren't busts (random RB aside). After the 1st round, I think we draft who we want and based on left over need. A few picks might be from just being the best player like adding a young Safety. We have 3 veterans now, so its just depth.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What are the chances that Shariff Floyd falls to us? Just imagine this:

1st: Shariff Floyd
    2nd: Tank Carradine
    3rd: Barrett Jones
    3rdC: CB or WR

Talk about boosting up your D-Line... :stunned:

DE: Wimbley - Tank
    DT: Floyd - Casey - Martin - Hill - Klug/Harris/Clayton?
    DE: Morgan - Pitouta - Dawson/Solomon?

Then let Velasco, Spencer, Jones, and Turner battle for the RG & C spot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. XO

XO Nevada Native

I would love that draft.

Drake also approves
    [​IMG]

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Maybe baggage was the wrong word but the media constantly drilling the situation will spill over to the coaching staff and players on the team. Therefore it could become a distraction.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Two guys who could start the year on the PUP list. Everything I've read says Jones is pretty much a lock to start on PUP. Carradine didn't run at FSU's pro day but is apparently having his own three days before the draft.

I'm a big Carradine fan, but Daniel Jeremiah said from what he's heard he doesn't think Tank makes it out of the first. He's probably going to be a Raven. :(

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah I know. People don't realize that Tank was a potential Top 10 (or even 5) before his ACL injury. 6'4 267, 35" Arms, proj 4.6-4.7 speed, 28 BP. Had 11.0 sacks & 13 TFL in 12 games. Still raw and was a JUCO transfer. Amazing athlete and has the natural flexibility a DE needs, very smooth off the edge. Great footwork. Amazing recognition skills, understands offenses.

He's a top-10 talent that will go late 20s. A team like Denver, ATL, or Baltimore will get him and he'll be a 10+ sack guy for years.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Curious as to how you found this picture. Do you often find yourself googling "Drake with a boner?"

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

You would be surprised.

But really, I think I went with erection gif and that is what I got.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I think the Te'o catfish story has officially blown over. The national media has moved on to other frivolous things and unless he ends up in NY or Boston, I don't think the local media will beat that drum for too long. If anything Te'o is being drilled a lot more for that slow 40 at the combine than anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar