Titans Positional Analysis: CB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're really picking teams now? I wait til August every year before trying to predict anything. Otherwise you're basically guaranteed to be completely wrong. Before the preseason I had Dallas playing in the Super Bowl, then saw Aaron Rodgers and had to change my prediction.

But yea I guess those are as good of picks as any at this point. I however think neither team will be there.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

In 2009 I had Green Bay vs. Tennessee in the Super Bowl.

In 2010 I had Green Bay vs. Tennessee in the Super Bowl.

In 2011 I'm going with Green Bay vs. Tennessee in the Super Bowl.

I'm picking it until I get it right, dagnabbit!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

I like your style, but I'd be worried about Green Bay if we're facing them in the Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers can't be stopped. Our best bet at winning a Super Bowl is for Pat Williams or Ndamakin Suh to squash Rodgers before we have to see him. I'm also hoping if we do somehow make the playoffs, that we don't have to see the Steelers or Ravens. Both Roethlisberger and Flacco murder us every time.

4. Finnebosch

Yes, Arron Rodgers is next to unstoppable but luckily we have the next Aaron Rodgers in Jake Locker or, as I like to call him, Jake "the guy Finnebosch thinks is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers" Locker.

The nickname is a little long I'll admit but I think that it has pop.

5. JCBRAVE

Not as long as Kerry "there is no one open in section 112 don't throw them the ball" Collins.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We suck at corner IMO.

All of our corners are average at best. I hope Rod Hood stays around because he's the only one who's done something for the secondary the past two seasons.

We just don't have a #1 CB... kind of like how we didn't have a #1 receiver for 7 years.

In order to be a great team, you must have a legit #1 guy in each position... we've got a long way to go.

7. JCBRAVE

We "suck at CB", what? Yea I agree we don't have a real No.1 CB we can put on Fitzgerald or Johnson or any of the other elite WR's, but defenses can get away with having 3 No.2 CB's because of schemes and safeties. We could certainly use an upgrade, but this bunch of guys can get the job done. Just so long as we don't let Mouton go out and get torched.

I'm not against Rod Hood, but all he did was make us all hate Nick Harper, Chuck Cecil, and Jeff Fisher even more, then he got hurt for 12 months. He can't tackle worth a damn, and like I said, he gets hurt. I'm holding out hope for him, but don't expect much.

8. Finnebosch

I thought it was Kerry "watch out on the sidelines because I will give you a concussion whilst trying to throw the ball away. IDK why I hit William Hayes in the head, I must have been drinking again" Collins

Now that's a mouth full.

9. JCBRAVE

Oh yeea, you're right, my bad. Who in the hell could remember that whole thing tho.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Hard to really know what we have at DB with the ridiculous coaching the last few years. I think CB is OK, Hope needs to be replaced because he is too slow and we obviously need to get pressure on the QB. I see us going SS in FA as a distinct possibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar