Titans Passing Defense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sure, we allow plenty of yards passing against us... But what says that our pass defense is better than we think? The fact that QBs playing against our defense have the worst passer rating in the league, a horrible 65.8... a solid 5 points worse than any other D.

I know that it helps that we've faced some second stringers and knocked some QBs out, but I think this is a pretty solid statement for our D overall. I'm not saying that we're the best passing defense in the league, but we're pretty solid.

Look at the other stats too. We have the most INTs, pretty low passing TDs allowed, and we're even 12th in total yards per game, which should be high since teams have been having to pass to catch up with us.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/stati...ort=rat&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

I think you might have to click on the rating category on the right "RAT" in order to get it to rank them from that link.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Imagine if we had a little more productive offense. Although we are doing a decent job running the ball we aren't converting many 1st downs in our passing game. Our D could be even better statistically if we stepped it up on 3rd down.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hmmmmmmmmm..

Vince young's passing rating is 61.5 so teams have actually held our QBs to a lower rating than what we are giving up..:suspect:

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

RT, that's the worst composite passer rating of all QBs that have played a team... most every team has played at least one good QB, which raises the average.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

There's plenty of other threads on VY... this one is a legit attempt to talk about something new for a change. GoTitans is right - our secondary was weak last year, and almost everyone feared it had gotten weaker. I think we might all actually agree that they are the biggest surprise unit on the team. There have been a few games we've given up some chunks, and the HOU 4th Q skews the stats a bit... but overall they are clamping down when it matters. Steve Smith had 3 catches for 15 yards? Nice.

6. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Right now I'd take our defense over ANY defense in the league...Our secondary as to be one of the most physical defenses out thre...did anyone else see how frustraited Steve Smith looked yesterday? Finn hit him all day...and harper kept him contained fo the most part. We played physical and win games because of our defense not inspite of our defense. And for me I could care less about stats.

I don't even have to mention our front seven...they speak for themselve with their play...dam!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar