Game Day Thread Titans @ Packers GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Sure but they were bad last year too. Just managed to buckle down in the red zone. I don’t fault people for holding out hope but I was told to root for another team and that I was overreacting. So it’s just funny now yo see those same people complaining.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. McNair9

McNair9 Special Teams Standout

Sometimes the stupidity in here is overwhelming. Anyone who didn’t see how bad this defense was early on was in denial

3. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I agree, those same people like to call people fake fans.

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

We made Gardner Minshew look like a pro bowl QB lol

Everyone kept saying Adoree coming back will fix it all Lolol

5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

When’s the last time this team had a pass rush? I don’t think we ever have since switching to the 3-4. Bring back the 4-3.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You do realize we have been playing a 4-3 defense for most of the year right.....
    4 down lineman anyway (since Clowney has been out we use Crawford as the strong side DE and he sucks). We occasionally go with a 5 man front but more in running situations. Actually I thought our best chance was rushing 5 all game but mixing up who those 5 were. So give a 5 man front look but drop an edge guy back in coverage occasionally and bring a S or inside LB. The few times we did get pressure Rogers wasn't very effective.

It really ticks me off when we can't get off the field on defense. IMO we might as well throw caution to the wind and hope we can stop a drive or get a turnover. We put a tremendous amount of pressure on our offense to literally score every drive.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think the weather conditions really magnified our issues. It was like Butler and Adoree had the wrong shoes on or something. The scenario last year was similar but when we got Adoree back it really helped. Not so much this year so far and although I like King some he has the same issue with being slow which showed up for Logan Ryan. Obviously we haven't had anything from Fulton so far which also hurts. Injuries have been an issue in the secondary.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

This performance was so bad it doesn’t even deserve a “Post-game” thread.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Gonna have to play in bad weather in January football. It’s an excuse. These guys are football players just like the packers guys are. Step up and make plays. Lord knows they get paid enough.

10. McNair9

McNair9 Special Teams Standout

There is a reason why the packers want home field advantage and it was showcased tonight. Our players looked like they were stuck in mud and the packers were flying. Now I’m not saying we win this game on a cold clear night, however we def wouldn’t be held to 14 points

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar