Rumor Titans owners may be headed to court

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clay8312, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I don't know anything about this stuff, but could this be a good thing? The way I read that article Amy wants to remain owner of the team and is willing to fight to do so?

2. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

No, apparently you were not a Vols fan during the Kiffen / Dooley years. Those of us that were are used to this stuff.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

This is not necessary a bad thing. Old fans of the team like myself, leftover from the Oilers days, remember the mess that was the move to Nashville. It was so bad that Paul Tagliabue made give up some control and hire Jeff Diamond to run the team. He even made Bud rename the team -- Bud never wanted to drop the Oilers name.

At the end of that period the Team made its only super bowl appearance and were set up to make further runs.

Maybe the team does not get sold but we could see the ownership tighten up a little. Maybe one or two of them buy the others out. We could also see the team forced to hire a good president.

H/t @Old Oiler Fan

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

When the Mularkey headline came out earlier I wondered if there was another shoe...
    I am not a conspiracy nut but the timing of this is piss-poor for a team in desperate need of a head coach. The last Sunday of the regular season? Really?
    Is someone in the media f***ing with this team trying to scare off HCs?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We all share 50% of gotitans.com.

With a show of hands. Who wants to own 49% and give me 51%? Tick tick tick tick tick. Come on guys, it's not that bad. You're just making me the majority owner now.

Since we can't come to a decision, TitanJeff is going to have to jump in and make a decision for us.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Virginia Halas McCaskey has owned the Bears since '83.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

As I read this, the ownership is in compliance with the rules stated in the article, correct? The "family" collectively owns well over 30% of the team, and no individual family owner has less than 5%. What am I missing?

That said, the uncertainty alone will be an issue if we want a new HC or GM in my opinion. Regardless of how clear cut this case is, it is being challenged by the NFL (same group that carried deflategate to the level it was based on such silly evidence), so if the NFL wants to push it they will, which will in turn throw a wet blanket over job opportunities in the near term.

I may be wrong, but that is how I would see it (if I were actually being pursued for a HC or GM job).

8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I went through the archives. Some of you have been posting in here for 10 years or more. I have NOTHING on any of you fandom wise. It almost makes me want to keep some of my thoughts and opinions to myself when talking about direction of the team. I have no idea what a lot of you have gone through as fans. But have much respect for you.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

There was a "football life" episode on the 1993 Houston Oilers. Try watching that :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Martha Firestone Ford became the Lions' owner when her husband died last.

Carol and Mark Davis, Al Davis' children, own the majority of the Oakland Raiders.

So, no, Goodell is not picking on Amy Adams Strunk because she's a woman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar