Titans overcome Reynaud’s blunder

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

PITTSBURGH Darius Reynaud was embarrassed and upset.

The Titans return man pretty much assured himself of being on ESPN with a “C’mon Man” gaffe to start the 2013 season. He took a safety on the opening kickoff against the Steelers.

“Oh man,” said Reynaud, shaking his head. “That’s not the way to start off game one.”

Reynaud fielded the kickoff with one foot on the goal line, and the ball just outside of it. Instead of running the ball out, he stepped back and took a knee.

Officials huddled and, after review, called it a safety.

“I thought I was in the end zone,” Reynaud said. “After that, I’m looking up and it’s 2-0. I’m like, ‘Man, please somebody make a play.’ They bailed me out.”

Later in the game, Reynaud had a 27-yard return to set up a field goal.

The Titans went on to a 16-9 victory.

“You can joke about it with him now,” running back Chris Johnson said. “He was upset about it, but in a game like this you have to be able to forget. … After the game I told him he should have brought it out of there.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

So last year Reynaud wants to bring EVERTHING out, but now he won't even take out the kicks that HAVE to be taken out lol.

No harm no foul though. Just make sure you NEVER do that again Reynaud ... nice PR at the end of the game though haha

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Naw cut him he constantly makes bad decisions

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

His PR at the end of the game softens things.. It was an honest mistake, but damn D Rey, you got to be smarter than that..

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

no this is not a 'no harm no foul' situation. this guy has mental gafs like it is no ones business.

Put in Williams or Campbell and have safe returning. Its obvious that we are going to be playing close games and we don't need to lose any by special teams play.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. rodgev

rodgev Starter

I agree just cut him loose and maybe we can get Hunter on the field with those two handling returns. Hell Battle can return kicks so can Griffin in a pinch

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I dont know about Tommie having a major job like KR, he always seems to goof something up.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

True that..

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He just makes me hold my breath every time he returns a kick.. Rob Bironas does the same thing to me, also.. Life on Special Teams shouldn't be this hard.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They play ST for a reason, never get too comfortable on ST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar