Titans OTA observations

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i couldn't give two :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:s about what he looks like. what i care about is that he hinders his entire game by being out of shape. he's good enough on talent alone to get 800 yards playing second fiddle, but think how good he could be if he applied himself. that's why i hate on him.

2. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

That makes sense, nevertheless it would be interesting to know what his production numbers were in short yardage situations and specialy in goal line situations, after all the name of the game is scoring touchdowns and I doubt many backs had his productivity in those two areas.

3. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

I sense a proyection...anyway, you really don't know what his metabolism is like, and I'm sure there are many much skinnier guys that eat as much or more than he does and don't gain an ounce. You really don't know what he has to go through to just not gain weight, let alone lose some. The bottom line is HE'S BEEN PRODUCTIVE! So give the kid a break and stop second guessing his desire to be the best.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Not trying to pump myself up genius. I don't lift weights, I'm out of shape, and I still probably have more definition than LenDale. It was a shot him. Good try though man.

Titanstailgate.com is the new TOMB. Head that way, please.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

People need to realize that 15 2-yard TD runs doesn't make a player worth a crap. But whatever makes the robotic Titans fans feel better I guess.

It's not how he looks per se; it's the fact that he doesn't care, doesn't work hard, and his stats/body reflect it. If he had the same exact stats, but worked hard and showed dedication like most other NFL players do, I wouldn't hate the guy so much.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

15 touchdowns equals 90 points. You don't get extra points for running further to get there. There's no such thing as a "gimme" touchdown in the NFL. He's not CJ, or Peterson, or anything like that. But White has already had more success in three years than most running backs have their entire careers.

And can we please drop the "take out so and so runs" argument? All that means is somebody is mad because the numbers don't back them up, so they want to go back and nitpick and whine about which runs count. If it counted in the game, then it counts on the stat sheet. You can't just ignore something he did because it hurts your argument.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's been relatively productive, but he could be better! why should the fans, the titans or lendale white settle for above-average if someone can be great?

this is the equivalent of vince young deciding that he doesn't want to put the work in when he's in the film room.

8. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

You might have issues. It's pretty slim substance to hate someone because they're overweight. The rest, that he doesn't care, doesn't show dedication--you can't measure that kind of thing, it's just your opinion. If he starts being a disruption like T. Owens, or has off the field problems like Pacman, or quits on his team or won't play hurt, then you might have a reason to at least complain.

9. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Ok, just explain to me; how do you know, how great he can be? Do you have a special cristal ball that measures greatness just by looking at it? It is obvious that he is not phisically gifted, he does not have the NFL body that you seem to crave, but he does great with what he has. He has vision, quick feet, and doesn't back off from pounding his body into the other teams defensive lines and linebackers. That by itself is a lot. I've known guys with great bodies being too damn scared of being hit. He must be doing something right, he seems to be getting better every season and still people do not give him credit. Get real man!

10. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

You know what it is?, they probably think that they look better than Lendale thus should be making the bucks, tv ads, and getting all the chicks instead of that fat guy who should never be on the spotlight. They have issues alright!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar