Titans or Oilers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgood, Apr 23, 2007.

?
  1. Yes.....include Oilers stats with Titans

80.4%
  2. No....Two Seperate Teams

19.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

easy now cowboy. that's conjecture. i've heard adams tell his side of it on all-access. he settled for houstons offer. he went out and looked at jacksonville, sure, but his intentions were to leave the team in houston, which he did for another ten years. jacksonville offered him the moon and stars. houston didn't give him what he wanted at that time, so he settled, kinda like staying in a bad marriage. bud adams loves texas and houston. that's why he lives there to this day. he moved the team to this area because he had a feel for what tennesseeans are made of. He worked out of this area at an earlier time in his life. he felt good about moving his team here. that's what you don't get man. ultimately, it's his team, and if he wants to move it for it's own good that's up to him.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Seriously that deserves a 10% flag.

Can anyone else hear that? The last ounce or respect I had for The Goat floating away.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Whoa, calm down dude. That post took up half the bandwidth.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

haha, I apologize if you were an oiler fan. They weren't a very popular squad, especially for bandwagon jumping 10-11 year olds like I was.

5. Overalls

Overalls Starter

He moved the team there for the money and still lives in Houston. I truely hope he has a very, very long life and continues to run the team HIS way. I also wish Y'all could get him to get out of Texas. He is dragging the states rep. down. He is even quoted as saying he wishes he still had the team here. Thankfully Y'all are stuck with him now.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]

7. Blazing Arrow

Seriously Adams is dragging the states rep down? That is the guy you chose to pick out of the plethora of others you could have chosen?

Before you go throwing words around like a team that “sucks” maybe you should take a look at the Texans history and winning percentage. Yeah this is not baseball and that is not good.

8. Blazing Arrow

And what happened to our friendly Bizarro Overalls?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37938

You know the one when asked:

you replied with:

Your ways frighten and confuse me but one thing I do know, is Houston fans let down Mr. Adams and the Oilers and it cost them a soon to be super bowl appearance and the worship of a bottom feeding team.

[​IMG]

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

classic exapmle of what a bull crap article this is

dude, adams called bredesen up on the phone and introduced himself as bud adams, owner of the Houston Oilers. bredesen thought it was a crank call. he hung up on him. true story. it may have been a desperation move on adams' part but it's not like bredeson had any idea that adams was looking at tennessee when adams made first contact. that's where it's at. this article is just mostly opinion. It's so skewed it tetters on bogus.

i'd like to see where this "quote" of yours is published saying that adams wishes he never moved or whatever. smells like hooey. he may wish that he could have worked something out and that houston would have built him that great big new monument to pro football ya'll have there in houston. that's all fine and good. it's just so sad and pathetic that you had to run the guy out on a rail and make his team play in some craker shanty.

it took adams leaving for houston to open their eyes. you left the guy little choice. you (houstonians) refused to buy his tickets because you didn't want to watch his team play in a p.o.s. stadium and the public was too cheap, greedy, or hard up to finace a modern one.

if the texans were "winners", would you even care?
    does this trouble you so because they suck balls?

10. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Guest

Slick Rick says, Slick Rick still believes the best thing to ever happen was the move to Nashville. Slick Rick's Titans are an NFL force to be dealt with on a yearly basis. Slick Rick says, keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar