Titans or Oilers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgood, Apr 23, 2007.

?
  1. Yes.....include Oilers stats with Titans

80.4%
  2. No....Two Seperate Teams

19.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

One franchise. One set of statistics.

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

You would have to include the oilers'. The NFL deams the Oiler history to go with the Titans', not the Texans'. Add in the fact the Oilers' name is retired and can never be used by any other team present or new comer.

3. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Texans fans are NOT trying to claim the Oilers history.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

The Titans are the Oilers, hands down. When I talk about the Titans, I always include the oldies but Goodies. They are one in the same. It's easy to understand that Those of you who just started watching the team in '99 won't acknowlege the Oilers part of their history, b/c just b/c I have been a long time fan (since 1987), I can't talk about what I don't know about (Earl Cambell, George Blanda, etc......) The franchise started for me when I became a fan of the team and i started rooting for Moon, Haywood, Curtis Duncan, Drew Hill, Sean Jones, Bubba Mcdowell, Mel Gray, Ray Childress, Alonzo High Smith, Mike Rozier,etc.......) Ahhhhhh the good old days, it only seems like yesterday Buddy Ryan was socking Kevin Gilbride in the Jaw on National TV. Only thing I don't likeremembering from those days are the heart breaking Playoff loses when we clearly had one of, if not the most, talented teams in the NFL.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Hey we became fans in the same season.:yes:

Alonzo Highsmith.......now he was a bust:ha:

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

What does the NFL say about this?

I know were debating about it but do they classify us as being the Oilers?

Like when you say how many teams have Eddie George and Steve McNair played for. do they say 3 or 2

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Ummm... no. The Oilers belong to Bud Adams and he took them from that sorry excuse of a city and moved them to Nashville.

I'm sure Steven Segal intends on winning an Academy Award for best actor too... much like with the Texans best intentions, I wouldn't bet on him realizing that dream either.

8. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

The Oilers are dead. I am sorry that Y'all can't understand that. They belong to the city of Houston

I hate to tell you but They belong to Bud Adams, and not the city.

Everytime im in houston I hear "Bud this" & "Traitors That" and the whole thing really makes the city of houston look stupid. When bud first asked for a new stadium the fans freaked out said they wouldn't pay for it and wouldn't build a new city, so the Oilers leave and what does the city do, Build a stadium how utterly stupid.

The greatest thing about it is that the suppossed reason they did not build for the Oilers was $$$ and that the city was not to pay for it. And that they built for the Texans because it is private money. I have a friend who works for the city of Houston and has reviewed the cost extimates and found that the city paid more $$$ to build Reliant than they would have to build the Oilers a new stadium. He sais the only reason such a big deal was made was because of politics and it had nothing to do with actual cash.

So for me the oilers and titans are one and the same.
    And as for the texans, I love them. Football is such a serious game that it is nice to have jester playing the fool and giving me something to laugh about.

I have two words to describe Texans Fans "AGGEM GIGGIES".:dead:
    They were not smart enough to draft Vince or Reggie and that will always be there downfall.

I was in Houston for the overtime game last year and there was this drunk texans fan making fun of my Vince Young jersey. He said "Vince is only 1 man, what can he do" to him i say He can give a 40 yrd walk off touchdown in overtime. I wish that guy could have seen it, im sure that he as most texans fans, left before the end of the 4th qtr. Texans fans know nothing of loyalty and that is why it is so hard for them to understand why people consider the Oilers & Titans as one and the same.

9. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Guest

Slick Rick says, the Oilers are history. Slick Rick says, the Titans are the team of the future. Slick Rick says, Vince Young is going to be a pro bowl quarterback for the Titans. Slick Rick says, the Titans have an excellent chance at the playoffs next season.

10. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

Slick Rick says "Slick Rick Says" way to much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar