Titans opt to leave Martin on PUP

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans on Tuesday opted to leave safety Markelle Martin on the Physically Unable to Perform list instead of promoting him to the team’s 53-man roster.

Martin, a sixth round draft pick, spent the past three weeks practicing with the team after being placed on PUP at the end of training camp because of a knee injury.

Also on Tuesday, the Titans released defensive end Pannel Egboh.

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Goliath

Goliath Camp Fodder

That sucks I wanted to see this kid play.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

wow cant believe he is worse than who we have

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's not worse. Not sure why they didn't activate him. He may not be fully healthy.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's healthy (I believe), but no one chances it with a guy who hasn't played in over a year.

Who gets deactivated for him to play?

Too risky.

6. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

At least your not the Jags...their whole team is PUP.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

He must really suck if he isn't good enough to replace babs or Mike (I can't tackle a peewee) griffin.

8. Titans1981

Titans1981 Practice Squad

A Safety who is a big hitter, is fast and can cover. He totally doesn't fit jerry gray's defense. I guess that's why he's not activated. Serioulsly though if he didn't play well it would also look again like the scheme is to blame. Which is 50% of the problem. The coordinators are covering their asses.

We need more cover 3 or cover 1 man and less ultra deep safties in cover 2. The second safety needs to help cover the TE we can't seem to stop. Hopefully Zach Brown will also help in this regard. Zone blitzes would be cool too. Wimbley and Ayers are hybrid OLB/DE guys who can drop into coverage when lined up on the line of scrimage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar