Titans OL Options Feedback

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by dtm586, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8332/dj-fluker

I know not everyone is a fan of rotoworld but with this news I wanted to highlight the top 3 OL options that the Titans may be selecting.

I am not a avid college fan so if someone could help enlighten me on the pros and cons of these 3 (continuous mocked Titans over the past months)

Jonathan Cooper the smallest of the 3 - but could be converted to a Center.

D.J. Fluker could play RT or RG.

Chance Warmack most likely only sticking on as a RG but the possibility to be the best Guard prospect in the draft.

All 3 of have been linked to the Titans. Most see Cooper @ 10 but now Fluker an option?

Anyone with some insights or if all 3 were available who the Titans SHOULD pick please respond. Only a few days left and I was pretty much set on Warmack or Cooper. Now I see Flukers name thrown into the mix and now I am torn.

2. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

That is honestly the first time I have heard of Fluker.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

The whole Fluker thing is your classic smokescreen. Its only a few days until the draft. Don't believe ANYTHING!!! Teams are 'leaking' misinformation right now. If we were actually interested in Fluker, then we would've heard nothing about him.

As far as the OGs go, my favorite is Warmack. He's more of a road grater and better run blocker. Cooper is more athletic and probably better for pass blocking. But we already have a guy like that in Levitre, so I'd go Warmack.

Either would be an upgrade though

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

See I'd rather Cooper. Having two athletic guards who can pull either way helps a lot with misdirections, not to mention screens.

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Fluker is interesting, but we already have two pro bowl tackles. Yeah one of them could be converted to a guard, but why? Keep them where they are comfortable.

I really hope we don't take Cooper at 10.. Taking a guard 10th overall is iffy by itself. If you're going to, he has to be an absolute freak of nature with no question marks. I'm all for taking Warmack at 10, but not Cooper. Cooper's athleticism is nice, but not at the expense of him getting pushed around due to his lack of strength. Cooper could turn out to be a good pick, but it's more risky, and I don't see how you can justify taking him if Warmack is still on the board. Again, his athleticism is nice, especially if we run a type of read option with Locker, but he will get pushed around by these big NFL D-Linemen. Warmack is a freaking bulldozer.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm almost wanting to wait until the 3rd for a guard... chances are Larry Warford, Kyle Long, Brian Winters, Travis Frederick, Brian Schwenke, or Barrett Jones will be available in the third.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We got manhandled up front most games last year, we need a Warmack type.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jones could be there in the 3rd based on he's wants to play center and is coming off an injury. That would be the steal of the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar