Titans Offseason Cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Hahahaha we don’t have a starting WR?!

2. DaCost

DaCost Starter

To me you can't make any of this decisions without knowing whi will be the next OC and DC.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

There's a reason why brisket was replaced by rivers corpse and was only ever brought onto the field to sneak the ball lol

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Or the cap. When does that happen?

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I can’t find the date, but almost everything I’ve read seems to think the cap will not drop all the way down to 175 mil, but may be able to stay the same at 198 mil due to financial losses being less than anticipated. The damage that could occur in the drastic a reduction is apparently being weighed now. Fingers crossed.

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I'd get pretty pissed if the NFL dropped the cap. There is no justification. Their profits are down from what they anticipated but they didn't LOSE money. They still gained billions.
    NFLPA should make a deal about it too since the upcoming FA would likely lose money because teams don't have as much to spend.
    Not saying it needs to increase but no way should it decrease.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

We're gonna lose some players that I'd like to keep this offseason. I think Johnnu is gone. Love to keep him but if pockets get tight, he's at a deep position and to me, doesn't offer anything over Firkser.
    I'd like to keep Butler around and resign CD if possible but if Humphries isn't calling it quits, that's gonna be a large chunk invested into a #2 and #3 WR behind Brown.
    Jayon Brown had a down season. Again, love to keep him, but he may have to get replaced. AJ25 played well enough before this season to avoid cutting him. Not justifying his weak play this year, but he came back late, have no idea how much he was injured and may have improved with more time. Agree he's not a "shutdown" but he's pretty good.
    Butler, King, and AJ25 should be an excellent secondary. Byard remove head from a$$h0le. Vaccaro may be a cap casualty as well. Hooker better be ready to step up.

DL/pass rush still needs to be the focal point of the draft/FA.
    I like the OL depth for the most part. Quesenberry isn't great but he isn't supposed to be a starter. Brewer may become a starter, we still have "possibility" out of Wilson and Sambrailo played well before he got hurt.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

league played every game. The ticket sales revenue is essentially insignificant in proportion to league revenue generated from TV contracts. I anticipate a symbolic drop in cap only unless the owners are seeking advantage. And although they can be greedy, I don't think they'd be that short sighted (stupid).

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

F*ck AJ25. He barely played this year AND when he did, he didn't do jack. And he hasn't been better than average since he's been here. Not even at returns. We drafted him for his "duality".

He can be EASILY replaced.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Id like keep Jonnu, JBrown, CDavis and Butler (restructure). Firkser gives us just as much as Jonnu though.
    Adoree is not worth 10 mil, restructure him too.
    CD isn't worth anything more than 6-8 mil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar