Titans Offseason Cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's not that easy. We don't have the luxury of knowing the master plan but, despite having a better season, Butler was part of a horrible defense overall. We might be seeing quite a few changes in the front seven and paying $14.2M to a 31-year old CB who has really had only one good season in the last three might prove difficult.

Certainly, the Titans will want to keep him. I think they wanted to keep Ryan after last season too and just couldn't afford the luxury.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Bears did it with Leonard Floyd last yr.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The Colts have plenty of money to go after whatever player they want...they have like 80-90mil in cap space. They certainly do have decisions to make, but they are still going to be a tough team next year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

TJ, pretty sure adoree is only guaranteed for injury. So cutting him would save about 10 mill. But I agree with you. You can’t make the decision based on this year’s performance since he missed the whole damn season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Well that all depends on their QB I would say. With the right one, yes they will be.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yes and no... they were a formidable team with Brisset at the helm.

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I don’t disagree with that. They have plenty of cash. But having cap room doesn’t mean they will be good. Who is their QB, who is the back up. Who replaces TY Hilton or do you give him a huge deal? They still have to make those decisions and their is no guarantees. Ask JRob. Free Agency can not work out even if you have the money. Missing pieces are still missing pieces. Sometimes the devil you know .....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Well 7-9 formidable I guess.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Or, you can actually look at the games and realize, aside from losing by 14 to Baltimore and 19 to us, they only lost by single digits... also, they beat us in the first game.

So yeah, absolutely formidable.

10. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Losses are losses. Most NFL losses are close. And they went 2-7 in there last nine games. And we lost to them with Mariota at the helm, by two. No way we lose with Tannehill playing. You can count them formidable with Brissett if you want. I would not. Happy to agree to disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar