Titans Offense Continues to Sputter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Is Boldin even available? Havent the Cardinals made it known they arent letting him go? If he isnt willing to hold out and really force there hand, which he isnt, then I dont think they are going to get rid of him at this point.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But you have to at least bring up specifics. If there are no real opportunities, then you cant blame it on the FO. They signed Givens a few years ago, and he got hurt, not their fault. They brought in Stallworth this year, and sure they could have broken the bank for him, but he has been pretty hit or miss over his career, so it is stupid to break the bank for someone like that. They drafted a nice receiving back, signed a nice reliable target in Crumpler, and also brought In McCarrens. So certainly no TO or Moss in that mix, but they are trying. But you have to try with what is available.

Who were the realistic free agent WR this year? Stallworth, Berrian, and Bryant Johnson were probably the best. None of those guys are proven #1 receivers, and they did at least make an attempt at Stallworth.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

When the d can put 8 in the box, dare you to pass, and you cant, you have problems. Idea for last preseason game, run shotgun, draws only. Seriously if these receivers dont start making plays you bring new ones in, theres no other option anymore we cant just look the other way mediocrity wont win in the NFL

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But who are you going to bring in at this point that would be any better? I think we all agree our passing game sucks, which is on both the receivers and the QB. But who is out there right now, or that we missed out on that would have really improved our passing game? Nobody.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we don't do something this off-season then I say off with MR's head. Or just fire him, whichever.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

That is fine. But you have to at least point to what you would have done different. So what? Who was available this offseason that would have made a difference? Everybody acts like you can just get people off the street to come and be good players for ya. The fact is, this team is set in all areas other than the passing game. And you cant just pick receivers or a QB off trees. It takes time.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay but I said next off-season. If we don't actually trade, sign, or draft a good WR next year then I'll start to think about it.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Look, I'm all for getting Boldin. However, I am not ready to give up a first and another pick for him. We are going to need a CB to replace Harper and we are going to need a WR. Neither class has a lot of depth coming out, so we are going to need to spend a 1st on one position and a 2nd on another. Trading for Boldin adresses one need, but if we had to give up 2 picks, we would not be able to fill another hole with an immediate impact guy.

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Doesn't matter. The fact that it was reported that he wants out is enough for some people to go crazy and demand we get him. When Arizona puts an end to all rumors and keeps him, those same people will whine and complain that MR is a loser and secretly wants the Titans to fail. Haven't you been paying attention?

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Berrian, Bryant Johnson, Stallworth, Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, Desean Jackson, and hell I hate to admit it, but keeping Drew Bennett. Chris Henry (bengals).

In my view, all those WRs are better than any option we have.

Depends. If we suck this season, is that the best interest of the team? Especially if it results in Bud and Fisher thinking Vince was a mistake, that could result to yet ANOTHER round of rebuilding the offense starting next season, and by the time that happens, Bulluck and maybe others on defense are ready to retire or have lost ability.

In my view, ANY receiver that would at least make opposing defensive coordinators gameplan for him, and opposing players think twice about the WR on the field would help Vince and the O amazingly. It could further open up running lanes, allow the TEs and RBs to get open easier, and give more opportunities for Vince to use his best asset, his running ability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar