Titans Now Attractive to Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PredsvsTitans, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I agree, we need a return guy as well and taking care of multiple needs/wants with one guy is always a bonus.

2. Meow

Meow Starter

If I am reading the overthecap deal right, as of right now we have 70 million in cap space for next year. There are a couple that could be cut and add to the cap

Jason McCourty-adds 7M in cap space if he is cut
    Harry Douglas-adds 3.75M in cap space if he is cut
    DaNorris Searcy-adds 4.5M in cap space if he is cut

If you cut these guys, who are all dead weight IMO, you gain an additional 15M to put our 2017 cap space at 85M.

You have some guys then that we will probably try to re-sign like Stafford, Klug maybe, Blake, Cassell, Johnson, Spence but those guys won't command a bunch of money and if they go elsewhere it's not the end of the world.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Never forget the large chunks of change to be paid to Lewan and Mariota in the coming years. Can't spend it all this year

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was just using the cap calculator and I brought back Bell, Schwenke, Marinai, Andrews, Stafford, Klug, and Spence, then cut Douglas, McBride, and McCourty and that puts us at $68M in 2017

5. JCBRAVE

yea I almost ignore anything he spits out, he works for the man now, his opinion is useless

might as well let Mike Keith write Wyatts pieces...

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Show me the way out

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

gotta be smart and front load the contracts to be ready for it. If we follow the Patriots model then the QB will get the money and everyone else is expendable. Maybe Conklin slides to the LT spot when Lewan demands a huge payday.

8. JCBRAVE

That was mentioned when we picked Conklin 8th, could turn out that way, but I hope we can keep them both, it sure is nice not having to worry about springing a leak anywhere on the line

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It'd be really nice to keep both.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think its worth noting Robinson was the Director of College Scouting for the Pats in 2013 when they draft Jamie Collins and Logan Ryan in the second and third round that year. With both of them having had solid careers thus far I would think that they'd be among our potential FA targets.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar