Titans no closer to Colts after draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dude, are you crazy? This guy, uh, Chris Henry. Oh man, he's going to win OROY! We picked him. He's a beast! And, all those guys that catch. We got them! Colts are done for!

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Why are you a Titans fan again Gloat? Is it this fun to a fan with so much masochism? I didn't know that griping could be so satisfying, but you prove otherwise. :ha:

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Every thing is grand in titan land! I'll never complain because I'm a true fan. Man, I just bought an 08 eclipse. It died on me already. 3 times. I would call the dealership, but I really like the car, so I'll just smile and hope it gets better soon! Hooray!

5. DJB

DJB Starter

Did anyone think that after the draft the Titans were going to all the sudden catch up to the Colts? I think they improved the team.

6. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i'm not concerned with outdoing the colts in the draft im concerned with picking the best players and building the best team possible

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

adding 10 guys can't make the team worse, right?

i think issue is, did we improve the team where we needed to? I think we tried, but failed at one key position...

after free agency and before the draft, most fans thought this of our current needs:

-DE help...b/c odom/laboy were not sufficient, we needed a starter, not depth...

-WR help...we have decent depth, but no real #1 or #2 WR...lots of potential, not much production...

-CB help...when we lost pacman, we have depth (hill, finnegan, woolfolk) but no true starter besides Harper...

-RB help...Of course LDW can't be the only RB of worth on the roster...something had to be done...

-S help...again we have depth (LT, lowry, fuller), but only one consensus starter...

-DT/OL help...depth on the line is always a must, but we didn't really need any starter quality players...

-TE help...we have 2 quality starters, but past injuries show us we could use more depth...

so, by my calculation we needed potential starters at DE, CB, S, WR, and RB...and we needed depth at DT, OL, TE...

what did we get?

-a potential starter at either S or CB with Griffin in the 1st >>>> solid pick

-a potential starter/backup/bust with Henry in the 2nd >>>> Risky pick...could be good, could be a disaster

-a backup WR with P.Williams in the 3rd >>>> bad pick...and here is why...we still needed someone that may be able to start at DE and we ignored it...

and with the rest of the draft we got more depth at WR, CB, DL, and OL...

the biggest mistake was not trying to fill a starter in at DE...

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

there forgetting we still have a developing player on offense, i hear hes pretty good, wears number 10.

9. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Indy spent their top 2 picks on offense, and traded their top pick in 2008 to help them do so. Their defense is deteriorating, and they do not have the resources to do much about it this year or, particularly, next year, when the Titans' young offense will really be hitting its stride.

I see a very strong argument that we closed the gap. Ultimately it will depend on who scouted better, and that is not knowable. It is a matter of opinion whose draftees are better today, but these kids are still developing. It is pure speculation for us to say whose draftees will be better in 2 years.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

we did close the gap, by not doing much at all, the addition of nick harper helped, but that cancelled out with the loss of pacman. but the colts have lost ALOT more then us this offseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar