Titans new RB Coach on White/Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Byner has some interesting comments:
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080310/SPORTS01/80310085/1027

On White:
    “I’ve watched him. I like some of the vision he has, some yards after contact, protects the ball good when he gets in the pile,” Byner said. “I like what I have seen. I’d like to talk to LenDale and find out what some of his goals are and see how I can best assist him in that process.”

Sounds like he wants to help him get in better shape. ;)

On Henry:
    “A lot of the stuff that a runner has is natural,” Byner said. “Chris has some great athletic ability. One thing that I would like to try to find out is what is he looking at when the different plays are called? So again, that’s getting to know Chris and trying to find out what he knows about football, and then being able to offer some assistance in that regard. We have something in Chris that we can definitely develop and work with.”

Very interesting in that is what many here have said from the start. If he can turn on the switch in Henry so he can improve his vision, he could become a solid RB in time.

If we could only blend the two...

2. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Sounds like hes a good listener. Hopefully he will bring out the best in our guys so we dont have to spend money on someone else!

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

he coached clinton portis...how bad could he be? I'm enthusiastic.

4. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Earnest Byner was a pretty good back himself.

5. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

Look you can't teach instincts and vision i'm sorry that is god given and if you don't have it you just don't. I think the Titans hit the panic button and drafted a guy who was a workout warrior and wasted a 2nd round pick on a guy who wasn't productive in college because he doesn't have instincts with all of his speed and strength and he reminds me of curtis enis.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

“A lot of the stuff that a runner has is natural,” Byner said. “Chris has some great athletic ability. One thing that I would like to try to find out is what is he looking at when the different plays are called?

Translated:
    Henry doesn't seem to have the "natural" instincts a runner needs. Chris has some great athletic ability BUT I'd really like to find out what the heck he is looking at. I saw that KR against the Colts and my GOD! They could have set a telephone pole in the middle of the field and Henry would have hit it head on.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

That's a bold and base-less statement. Unless of course you were a NFL running back or a coach. You honestly don't think it's possible to teach a running back to see the hole?

8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

This instinct and vision being born with is BS. Teach him and he can LEARN to read plays and may eventually be a good back. I'm not all about praise for Henry or anything like that but don't tell me someone can't learn.

9. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

I know it is bold and it was meant to be this guy was a huge mistake in the beginning and he couldn't even win the starting job at Arizona. I don't know why you don't agree when you know it's true the titans blew it on that pick.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't agree with it because I don't know the Titans blew it on that pick. I can't see the future, and neither can you. I've always made it my position to never judge a draft pick after one year. That's silly. Particularly in Chris Henry's case, because everybody thought he was really starting improve last year right before the suspension. If it wasn't for that ticky-tack suspension, we may not be having this conversation right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar