Titans need a playmaker at WR.....and who can catch...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Yeah, but come on, you were shocked we weren't in the top 5 weren't you? I think the only reason we weren't is because we're not throwing the ball enough for them to rack up a lot of drops.

(And this isn't a Vince would be passing for monster numbers argument--it's a Vince is going to struggle as a rookie and we need the receivers to help him more than they are argument). Drew had a horrible game. 1 catch for 0 yds and a fumble. That's not all Vince's fault either. Drew had opportunities that better receivers would have capitalized on.

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

What progress exactly? Young's inaccuracy is a big concern, and it almost seems as it is getting worse every game. He's also having problems reading coverage, stares down receivers, and rarely looks beyond his first option.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Drew was only thrown to twice. How does that make it his fault he had a horrible game? Are you forgetting he was wide open in the end zone and Vince never saw him?

4. Like I've said before, the QB makes the reveiver, we don't REALLY need a playmaker at WR like a lot of you are saying, Young is a rookie after all, I would wait till his 3rd year to see if we need anyone to spice up the offense...

5. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

Can't we all just give Young a break for the moment? Remember he was supposed to be ready to play only in 2-3 years. Until the end of this season I don't mind if he misses a wide open drew bennett or throws for 20% efficiency (well maybe not that low)

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

No. We need the traffic, or else the advertisers will back out.
    Please support our sponsors.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Did we forget, we have Drew Bennett

8. Nash

Nash Starter

Some people are visual learners, some are auditory, some are logic based and some are experiential.. VY is experiential meaning he has to play and learn by doing, reviewing his mistakes, and then running the play over and over, seeing the defense over and over react to his play.. most QB's that learn experientially take 32 games before they get it..we got a ways to go..

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he has developed a new strategy. catch the ball, then drop it. i guess he was reading the forum and decided he had to change things up a little.

10. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Look, call me crazy, but it's somehow got into my head that Drew Bennett is not a playmaker. We've been saying that ever since Mason left. It hurt McNair, it hurts Vince, and if we have another qb it'll suck for them too. Yes, some Hall of Famers are good enough to overcome having sucky receivers--but they would've been a whole lot better with good ones. Let's take Vince out of it: If 5 years from now Drew is our primary receiver------>we're still in that group of teams who don't have great receivers.

I could be wrong, Drew could be awesome. He could be a superstar in waiting. I just think he's a #2 and that seems clear to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar