Titans must make decision soon on injured Ball

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The closer the Titans get to making their final cuts, the cloudier the future looks for defensive end Dave Ball.

Ball says he’s making some progress recovering from a concussion, but he’s yet to play in any of the preseason contests and hasn’t practiced since early August. It seems very unlikely he would play Thursday against New Orleans.

“I don’t know (when I’ll be back on the field),” Ball said. “That’s what I’m frustrated about most. It’s just been kind of a slow progression mostly.”

The Titans have to trim their roster to 53 on Friday, so they could do one of three things with Ball, who’s totaled 11 sacks the last two years: waive him with an injury settlement; put him on injured reserve; or hold a place for him on the roster in hopes that he regains his health soon.

“I don’t know what the future has in store,” Ball said. “That’s the million dollar question – what’s going to happen? I have no idea.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Time to move on.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

At best the team puts him on the PUP so if they have an injury at DE they can bring him back. But I don't see any way he i worth keeping for one and I think he is better off calling it quits anyway.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He needs to retire.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I know it's been used 1000 times but I'll still miss the ball sacks. He needs to watch out for himself though and probably just retire.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That title could not be any funnier...

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Deciding to go straight again?

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

He needs to retire. One more concussion, and he'll go from ball to nuts.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Yeah I think Ball should retire and start a business he would like running or something.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yea he needs to call it quits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar