Titans May Have Difficulty Keeping Odom

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

McCray isn't going to be as good on the strong side. We need someone at least as strong at the point of attack as Odom, not weaker.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Odom has never looked strong at the point of attack to me. He gets pushed away a lot, then doesn't disengage from the blocker well enough to get back in the play.

Imo he's mostly a pass rusher, but that appears to be what they value most for our scheme.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Well that's the problem. 5 pages ago.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree with those who said odom isn't the strongest at the POA. Average at best. Some people compared him to puck on this board but puck is a 275lb end who can play inside and play well there.

My prediction is that neither odom or laboy are titans next year. We will find a solid replacement.

If it is a big time run stopper you want chris canty of the cowboys a 6'7 300lb kevin carter type. Problem is he's a restricted and a 1st rd compensation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar