Titans May Have Difficulty Keeping Odom

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the Titans expected to sign Albert Haynesworth to a long-term deal before March or use the franchise tag on him, Antwan Odom may generate more attention in the free agent market. In 2007, Odom had eight-sack season while tipping seven passes. "It might be difficult for them to keep him, because pass rushing ends are at such a premium in this league," said Odom's agent. "It depends on what type of offer is out there. But we’re open to anything. We’ll just have to see what they want to do." Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt expressed optimism last week that the Titans could find ways to keep their group of players intact while adding to the roster in free agency.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Bye bye Antwan and good luck in your career. Unless you play us and Stewart pancakes your ***.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

$6M a year , that's what it is going to take to sign odom. Laboy might only need $2.5M to stay here and we are already paying $2.2M for fisher.

That $41M cap space might end up being even more with olson retiring and perhaps mawae being released. Those 2 would open up another $8M roughly enough to go after a real stud OG..

Think i'm joking about mawae? After his comments about vince i'm wondering if he expects to be here or if those comments have made that decision for him..

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I thought his comments were constructive criticism.
    Is VY so sensitive he's like Saddam was, anything negative said results in your ouster?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hoffa, very constructive but also a bit too pointed and specific. For your starting center to say his QB didn't know the play sometimes and didn't know what to do about it is pretty hard. He is going to be 37 and we have 2 young guys who can play there with little drop off and they cost us very little..

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

:grrhee: Hmmmm...what if we go ahead and let Odom walk, then visciously pursue Jarred Allen...:yes:

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I agree with RollTide on the Mawae case.
    As a matter of fact i was kinda thinking that myself. Its like his held his thoughts in for so long and then all of the sudden he let it all out. Why all of the sudden?

As for Odom.. bye-bye :wave: one year wonder.
    You had your 15 minutes of fame, so now lets see what team would be stupid enough to let out the silk red carpet for an average DE. If he stays on an average salary then more power to him, if not then hit the road Antwan. The league is full of average DEs like you dying to prove themselves.

8. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

You need a very very viscious pursuit of Jared Allen, resign Haynesworth and have Allen and KVB on both sides, id say you'd have a line that just feasts on QB's.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I have no problem with Mawae's comments. What did he say that is not true of every young QB?

10. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

What I have failed to consider though...is the fact that Jared Allen will probably be slapped with the franchise tag. Sucks for us...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar