Titans make it official ink Wimbley

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'd rather resign Ball than Hayes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He was drafted as a 4-3 player and played in a 4-3 in college and his first few years. He's a versatile player.

If the Titans didn't think he could play DE in a 4-3 then we wouldn't went after him and obviously Wimbley is comfortable enough with this.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Ball is definitely better, but you have to wonder how much longer he can last in the NFL. He's had back issues for a while and now concussions.

Everyone laughed when the Titans picked William Hayes. They were right...

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Im Liking Wimbely more and more ... sort of has a Terry Crews thing going on ...

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

He was in a 4-3 system in college. Said it was most difficult to transition from DE to OLB. From hos interview I heard on te radio today seems he is much more comfortable in a 4-3 system.

Also seems a lot of Raider fans liked him. I work with a lot of raider fans that simply gushed about him with praise and said we got a good one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Excellent pickup!

It's just too bad we missed out on overpaying that one guy with $100 million contract! And we totally whiffed on picking up that other guy who is going to be 34 by the time the 2012 season starts! Damn Peyton to hell!!!!

:sarcasm:

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

If you've watched him, he beats guys a few ways. Speed rush, speed rush with cut back once OT sets past the stepping up QB, on an inside stunt (very effective) and his patented duck. His best move is a speed rush in which he doesnt knock the OT's hands away, he ducks under them and blows past the OT. He is fast and has a great burst and has a great ability to bend and run the arc!

He may not be as stout against the run, but we need his pass rush more!

We got him cheap! Great deal!!!

Gut

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Now we wait for Indy to cut Freeney....and sign a OC!

Gut

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I read the article following. Says he's a matchup nightmare as a SLB. I have to wonder if he might see some time there, too, especially if Ayers gets tried out as a pass rusher at all. For the money, though, Job 1 has to be rush the passer.

I like the signing though, plus it's one the Titans had to make happen. Despite all the proclamation of being better suited to play 3-4, I've always wanted to see
    Wimbley play in our system. He wasn't meant to be a Titan when drafted, and I knew that. But I think there's a real opportunity here, and not a bad risk at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar