Titans Lose Preseason Opener to Saints 19-16

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Saints QB Todd Bouman tossed a 22-yard touchdown pass to Lance Moore with 3:30 left as the Saints rallied for a 19-16 victory over the Tennessee Titans. The game was the first for Saints RB Reggie Bush who had six carries for 59 yards including a 44-yard scamper on a broken play. Titans QB Vince Young was 4-of-11 for 56 yards and ran four times for 28 yards. WR Roydell Williams dropped a perfect Young pass which would have been a big gainer. Titans RB Chris Brown had nine carries for 47 yards which included a 21-yard run. K Rob Bironas had a big night with three field goals and numerous deep kickoffs. Rookie RB LenDale White did not dress for the game due to an incident earlier in the week. DT Randy Starks also did not play because of being charged Saturday with misdemeanor domestic assault.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Vince got much needed reps in NFL game action. Came out of it (apparently) healthy.

Sounded like most of our starters played well.

We lost a meaningless game.

Let's move on to the next one.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

only one td given up and in the fourth quarter at that. not bad. too many big plays though.

although i would like to see us put more points up.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we can thank Bironas and Roydell for keeping 10 points off the board

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That shank by Bironas was due to a poor snap Hentrich received. Bironas was actually one of the bright spots for the Titans tonight.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes:

56 yards, who ever kicks them?

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Bironas didn't cost us anything. Williams drop is another story but no guarantee we would have even scored if he caught it

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i have to say i was not impressed with reynaldo at all(sorry gunny)

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hater :ha:

10. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Hit the nail right on the head Bigtitan.... too many big plays. Although after those big plays our red-zone defense played very well. If my memory serves me right they had like 5 red-zone posessions and scored only 1 td. pretty good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar