Titans lose Marc Mariani with broken leg

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans return man Marc Mariani suffered a broken left leg in the first quarter of Thursday’s preseason game against the Cardinals at LP Field. The injury will end his season.

Mariani was injured while being tackled on a punt return. He was immediately tended to on the field by trainers, who put his leg in an air cast. Mariani was taken off the field on a cart. He waved to fans as he went through the tunnel to the locker room.

In his third NFL season, Mariani had a solid training camp as a wide receiver. His injury helps pave the way for running back/return man Darius Reynaud to secure a spot on the 53-man roster. Reynaud has performed well in the preseason, returning a punt 85 yards for a touchdown in the preseason opener at Seattle.

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. SlickFraud

SlickFraud Camp Fodder

Very sad. Had lots of potential. Wish him the best.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Still has potential. I hope he has a speedy complete recovery.

4. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Was hard to see. He put in a lot of work to get better. Hope for a speedy recovery.

5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hope he heals up and hits the field soon, he sure put in the work to earn his place on the team.

6. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

This just made me sick. Mark is a great player and I wish this didn't happen to him. We were watching the game at the Village Inn, Suttons Bay and when we saw the replay of the break there was a gasp and everyone turned away. I wish Mark the best.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Looked horrible on the replay.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

last couple of preseasons we've seen some nasty season-ending injuries.. two years ago with Stafon and then this one..

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

10. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Berman just called it an open fracture and with the surgery tonight. Horrible injury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar