Titans looking to trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think other GMs are just gonna sit back and watch the game of chicken between Webster and CJ.

Webster could hold CJ until the last possible day and then cut him loose. But is that the smart thing to do...both from a cap standpoint and a political standpoint with future players.

CJ knows that if Webster holds onto him that he will be screwed from a monetary and production stand point. He won't have time to learn a new system and thus is more likely to have a bad year. The best thing for CJ is to get with a team before mini-camp so that he can learn the system. Only way that happens is if he takes a significant pay cut.

So who blinks first...Webster or CJ.

If I'm Webster I hold on to him until as late as possible. CJ held the Titans hostage with the his holdout so now he can feel how it feels to have no control over the situation.

I think the only certainty is that CJ does not get 8mil this yr.

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

CJ and 11th for the Rams' 2nd pick it is

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

will never happen

4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Ugh. I wouldn't want that to happen

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't see a single reason why Webster wouldn't draw this out. No downside to making CJ squirm.

That said, Webster should just take the first offer he gets -- any offer. The idea that "multiple teams" are interested is a blatant lie. The Titans planted that story to try to generate interest.

The second any team offers a 6th, take it without thinking twice.

And for the last time, people, shut the hell up with this talk about trading CJ to move up in the 1st round. Stop being idiots.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Well, on April 7th, CJ could show up and get injured. This would mean the Titans would have to pay him the 8 million this year. You want to risk that? Just to take out some butthurt revenge on CJ? Really?

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd bar him from the facility

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CJ isn't visiting TN til he has to sell his house.

9. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

lol heard that one before....

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Like CJ actually goes to camp... LOL

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar