Titans looking to trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well clearly I'm superior to all the fake ass fans out there.

I just think the idea that other fans are incapable of understanding or caring about pay of the players is insulting and simple minded to make one feel as if they have higher reasoning skills than average people. I like to assume everyone is capable of understanding basic concepts like how NFL contracts work and that every season some will be underpaid and some will be overpaid based on performance.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I don't think I'm superior to anyone. I just post what I feel like you or anybody else does. I don't expect people to start threads about players being underpaid what I would like to see is a day where fans stop bitching about every penny a player makes or countless threads madede when a player decides he's not being compensated properly and holds out. It's funny that you say I think there should be threads about other people's money when what I really want is for fans to stop bitching about players' money.

There are tons of threads about how overpaid some of our players are. I make a few comments about how one of our players used to be underpaid and here you are all over me. If your problem really is people talking about other people's money why aren't you in the threads about overpaying telling them to shut up? They're talking about other peoples' money aren't they?Sounds to me like you have an agenda.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Verner was a product of the system...HENCE he rationale for going to the BUCS. McCourty is a better CB naturally and will be better in man coverage without question. Let it go, he is gone...time to support Blidi or Sens, and possibly a rookie brought in.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Didn't Vern excel despite the fact that we ran a man cover scheme through most of the season? How is he a "product of the system"?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think he'll do well in any system, the guy has a nose for the ball and is a tough competitor. He better just stay clear of Julio Jones, cause he's going to put a whooping on Verner again every year now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alex1939

Damn this stuff really is over your head. If a player is overpaid like CJ then it is effecting the teams ability to build for a championship because they have less money to spend on other players/positions. See this is why he will probably be released.

Maybe you are just :cj: /nutswinger.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh come on alex, you dont think he knows this?

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

In an article referenced by PK on espn. I don't have access to the link but I can find it.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Listen man I get it. It's the nature of the business. What annoys me is fans enjoying the ride while a guy plays for peanuts and then turning on him when he wants fair compensation. Maybe it's you who doesn't get that. Players have very little incentive to show loyalty to franchises because the teams and their fans rarely show them any loyalty back, yet we demand loyalty from our athletes. Every time a guy wants to get paid someone is all up in arms about them being selfish. It's annoying. Call me whatever you want but I try to apply my standards to all players, not just the ones I like. At least I'm consistent.

10. Alex1939

Totally inconsistent.

Show me the posts where people are complaining about a player being "fairly" compensated. Show me the posts where someone wants to get paid and everyone is up and arms about them being selfish.

I have not seen one single point calling Verner selfish due to the money he signed for. Some people may not think he is paid fairly because they will argue his production will decline (that he has hit his ceiling) but is it really wrong for posters to give their opinion on what a player will be worth?

Was AH fairly compensated? I guess we should've paid him his $100,000,000 because that turned out so well? I mean I guess AH was not selfish at all....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar