Titans looking to trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

No I didn't need it explained to me, that's why the question was formed in a rhetorical way. One can care about a team and the players on that team at the same time. My point is if we don't cry foul when a guy is clearly outperforming his contract then it's hypocritical and self serving to b*tch and complain when a guy is getting paid more than you think he should do to a contract that BOTH sides agreed to. Fair is fair.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Apparently this is above your head.

I root for the Titans and want them to win a championship. Why would I complain if we are getting more value for a player than what we are paying him? How does that hurt the Titans chances at winning? It doesn't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SDJB1980

SDJB1980 Starter

Don't we all want the same thing?

This whole board just seems to be people arguing with each other.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

who are you saying this garbage about my friends?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It's not above my head. It confirms exactly what I feel about most fans. They don't really care about the players at all. This is exactly why players have to do things like hold out because they know that the team has very little incentive to pay them otherwise. It's not that this is surprising to me or anything, I just like to point it out whenever I see it. I want the team to win too but I would also like to see some of that loyalty that we all demand of players be demanded from fans and the teams as well.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

It sounded like he was pretty much suggesting that players get incentive based contracts. If that happened guys who are good would want even bigger paydays then they get already by meeting certain goals. That's what I meant by 10 players doing really well, when that happened we would owe our team more than the allowed cap. That's just what I think would happen

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Umm, no it isn't, not when you want what's best for the team.

Wanting what is best for our collective set of players is not the same as wanting what is best for the team.

Do you really not see the difference?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

But what happens to injured players?

Let's use Brady getting hurt by Pollard in the season opener in 2008 as an example... He missed the whole season, so how much would he make?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good point. I guess this would be the NFLPA's major hangup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar