Titans looking to trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I know we are cutting him, I think it's a huge mistake. He potential to go big in this new system temps me. I hope I am wrong. I really do, just don't think I am. I now hope for Hyde and signing of Darren Sproles, ala Woodhead last year.

We need a solid D which I think we will, please get Dansby!, to get our running game going. Lendale White had a good stat on the radio, we win 82% of the games CJ got 18 carries. Hood D helps with us being able to run more, we have not had that D the last few years.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

If his attitude said "I'm gonna come get it this season... I wanna be a Titan. The money isn't the end of me"

Sure.

But it's more like

"Pay me, I ran for 2000 before! Give me 30 touches a game so I can make records while we still lose games"

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

How dinger used him like when he had another RB he shared carries with?

How did those two teams get to the playoffs? Oh that's right RB by committee. Yes we do have a mobile QB that we could use on designed runs like a second back if he wasn't made of masking tape. He is old and getting older and getting slower and getting less decisive by the day. Want proof look at his stats the past few years if you don't believe my assessment that he is obviously declining. 8 mil bro. Play like it or GTFO.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think Hyde could be the next great RB, worthy of a 2nd round pick.. a gamechanger. A brutal up-the-middle rushing attack with Hyde/Greene could be legit. Run it up the gut, get the defense tired, then slash them up with Wright, or Hunter running deep. Hyde could easily be a 1000+ yard rusher as a rookie.

5. Clark

I've been enamored with Hyde since the first cut I saw. Dudes been my wish list RB all year. I fully agree.m

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Whiz used woodhead last year perfectly. We need to get a player like that, sproles! Hyde or Mason are the two RB with the best chance of success. Doubt they make it to the fourth. Maybe third if we trade into it. I want CJ, but the thought of sproles and one of those two is enticing.

7. Clark

Hyde, sproles, Greene.

I'd be siked

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I've seen ur the player profile guy. I've hadn't done much research on RB. Give me a quick rundown on him and mason please. How they work with Greene?

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So scanning over these past few pages, apparently, it's a bad idea to get rid of CJ because he may do well on another team? That makes sense. Also, I'm not sure where this notion of having to get 1,000 yards to be a good RB came from. Yes it's a sort of milestone number for regular season stats but it's pretty meaningless when more teams are going by a committee or if a RB only gets to 1,000 yards by getting the majority of the carries. Spiller and Fred Jackson respectively had 933 and 890 yards splitting time and averaged 4.6 and 4.3 yards per carry.

Chris Johnson had the 7th most attempts last year and even though he was only one (11th) out of 13 guys to get 1,000 rushing yards, he was also one out of three guys in the top 20 to not average 4.0 a carry. See what I'm getting at?

So it's not a matter of how do we replace CJ, the question is how do we replace his production. Personally, I would love Sproles coming here and playing that Woodhead role for us and letting Greene/Rookie take the other carries. I'm sure the trio could match CJ's 3.9 YPC and perform better blocking, short yardage, and in the passing game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

You want reasons to cut C.j.?
    How about when you pay A running back 8 million dollars ,he better be able to put the team on his shoulders and carry A team..C.j. can't.
    How about him not playing well against quality opponents... Cjwho?k's 2 100+ games came against St. Louis and Houston...Need I Say more?
    How about because he is a "speed" back who had a season long run of 31 yrds... Jackie Battle had a season long of 37..

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar