Titans look healthy overall for season opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think we'll be even better at it this year, especially without Smith starting. And hopefully our ends can reap some benefits. I think with the line, plus Ayers rushing at times, and McCarthy in backfields a lot, I think the Titans ability to pressure gets a facelift for 2012.

And yes, nice post. Welcome! Not a lot of Patriots fans come throu. Here's to a good, very injury-free game.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

-The offense can't turn the ball over. This is going to be hard considering Locker is making his first regular season start but we need to keep Brady off the field so Locker needs to make good throws and not force anything. If he can complete some passes on 3rd down, not turn the ball over, and keep the defense guessing that will be a great game for him to start the season.

-We need the old CJ back. This is pretty obvious but he needs to break 100 yards and score a TD or two. We also need someone else to step up, it's not asking much since Britt was pretty much out all of last season but if Cook or Wright can make an impact and help Locker out it would make it easier on the offense.

-The DL must create pressure. Just like the Pats fan said, it's not just about blitzing it's about getting pressure in the interior. Any good QB can still do well against the blitz but Brady's weakness (and pretty much all QB's) is not being able to step up in the pocket. Fortunately for us we have nice DT's and Brady isn't known for running around in the pocket. If we play good man to man coverage and get in Brady's face we can limit their offense. They're good for at least 2 TD's but holding them to the 14-20 point range is a lot better than 21+, especially since we don't know what to expect from Locker.

I want to say Pats win 31-20 but my Titan heart says we can pull off an upset at home to start the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar