Titans look at Leftwich won't mean a change in Nashville

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Let me get this right.

Collins is ok but we can't have leftwich because he stands in the pocket? They seem similar to me unless i missed a few 30 yard scrambles somewhere...

Main difference between collins and leftwich is leftwich's career passing rating is 7 points higher(10 points higher than vince) and he is 8 years younger than collins.

I'd take him in a new york minute. This guy has star potential in the right place and dinger's system would be a good one for him..

It all depends on whether he is a head case. If not sign him up and tell ingle martin to take a hike..

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Leftwich stats post rookie year...

Comp 59%

38 tds

22 ints

TD to int ratio 1.72

Rating 83

Team record with leftwich as starter...18-11

Now please someone explain to me how this former 7th pick in the draft with a winning record as a starting QB and more than capable numbers would not even be worth talking to? Come on folks explain that to me with all the crap QBs in this league.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

25 on his wonderlic one try....

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I have no problem with Leftwhich. I personally feel like he's gotten a raw deal. But Collins is a steady commodity who's been to the show. I think that's what you look for in your backup. Collins is just better all the way around. And we trust 'em.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

And most importantly, he knows the system. Leftwich might be able to get the system by Week 3, but that could be too late.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Leftwich doesn't replace collins he replaces ingle martin. Next year he replaces collins. Collins is 36 and leftwich is 28. By next year leftwich will certainly know the system.

Kudos to collins for being a solid team player and accepting his role. He can't back up vince forever and leftwich is a good guy to succeed him.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"Collins is a steady commodity who's been to the show."

See you learn something new every day here @ gotitans. I didn't know collins played baseball now i hear he went to the major leagues. Wow!

Not sure what that has to do with the discussion though..:ha::ha:

8. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

perhaps leftwich is a good option as a backup to start the season. if VY performs like he has since Day 1, bring him in by the Texans game... seriously. Vince gets way too much praise for doing too many things to benefit the OPPOSING team.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kerry collins..

Let's remember that this is a guy with a career passing rating just 3 points higher than vince young. A guy despite all his years in the league and all his experience still has just 2 more TDs than ints.

It's funny because collins as a backup probably takes fewer risks throwing the ball. 82 pass attempts last year and no ints and that is the best thing you can say about him. In his career he throws a pick every 30 pass attempts and would normally have 2-3 picks in that many attempts.

This to me shows he understands his role is to keep us in the game and not give the ball to the other team..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar