Titans lack impact from rookies

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Code

Code Starter

While there is no doubt that Fish is overly loyal to vets, look at the players on the field ... of the top 30 ... starters and nicke/dime contributors ... Young, Hall, Brown, Tulloch, Finneran, Mahelona (all rookies), Roos, Stewart, Jones, Jones, Hill (2nd year guys), Bell, Scaife, Laboy, Starks, Odom <before injury> (3rd year guys), and 4th year vets new to the team Thornton, Wade, and Hope ... 19 guys out of the 30 ... that's plenty of turnover ... so while its hard to argue that White, Lowry, Fuller all should be on the field ... I can't look at the roster and say Fish isn't using young guys.

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

point taken................but the team is 2-7 and the two biggest sieves on D are 28 and 59 and there is young players behind both.................explain that to me Code?

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

there is no reason for 22 & 55 not to be on the field...

4. TITAN89Fan

TITAN89Fan TITAN FAN

So are you saying that Fish and Reese we're all so wrong with keeping Mac off the field as long as they did?

You do remember us going to the Superbowl right?

Ya think maybe these guys DO know a little bit about their business?

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

no I dont...............there are no experts on player development......the best in the NFL make about 50% failures over the time course.................for every player who looked like the benefited from time on the bench.............I can give you one who played right away..............Mac should have been on the field earlier..............problem was the staff bought the Mac bias..............and it cost him time on the field..............

6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Rookie QBs are never successful.

White should get more touches. Henry has been good, but I do not see the point in giving him the lion's share of carries, since this is a lost year. I would like him back next year, but why wear him down and keep LW on the bench? Henry remains the starter, but give him a few more breathers.

Tulloch needs to be the starter from here on out. Not to get more experience, but because he is the best option.

When your 1st round pick is a QB, you really cannot count on getting that much production from rookies.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

And SB 34 was more about luck during the Bills game...............I can admit that.

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

see 1984 and Marino............get back to me on that never stuff..................

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Or Big Ben two years ago.

But that kind of success from a rookie QB is very rare.

10. well it happens when the chips fall their way, big ben had a running game that helped him out tremendously, but he is a good qb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar