Titans Kettle Bell Training

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sunshine, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Yea i saw that also looks like a new strategy to strengthen up their core. Hope it helps our blockers man handle defenses this season. Pancakes Galore.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So much for science eh?

What do you do with this? "Just ah throw it around and do something manly. "

Where was the more specific explanation as to why this is better than hammer strength or free weights?

4. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

In strange workout routines you use alot of muscles that are really hard to concentrate on and can't really work the way they are doing with these workouts. For example the strength like a farm boy or lumberjack would have just by doing there strenous daily routines throughout their job. The 300 workout which they used for the movie 300 is made up of nothing but these workouts. Mix it up with hammer strength and free weights and your body never gets used to the same routine so it constantly grows stronger.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Yep. It's a balance thing. Lifting free-weights for 10 years will eventually only keep your body the way it was 5 years in. Doing lifts with awkward weights trains muscles you'd only use in a freestyle type situation...such as football. Where you're moving around using your arms to push, pull, etc.
    And these are harder to stabilize than free-weights. Free weights are better than machines due to using more muscles to balance the weight, so logic says these should do even better.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

When I read the title I thought they were curling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar