Game Day Thread Titans @ Jets GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed could have him on the field when not a primary target in the run game... I mean they 'could' do that

IMO they would still key on DH22

but we will never know cause I dont suspect Vrabel gonna change a damn thing cause that is the way he is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1201 GoT, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  2. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

For me, I just don't think I can ever truly believe my team is a legit superbowl contender until we actually take care of business against the bottom of divisions and backup QB's. There are just too many of these letdown games in the past few years for me to think we have arrived. We were one of the worst teams in the NFL this week. It's hard to believe that we can do that and still make a superbowl run. I am always a fan, but this repeated letdown against inferior opponents is just something I think this team has to overcome before I can take any Champinship contender talk seriously.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

For me, I simply want to see us dominate a team. I mean really dominate. When we win, it always seems to come down to the last drive. Championship teams dominate teams like the Jets. AJ and Julio aren't the whole team. This game showed how bad our depth is.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

We need Randy Bullock to drink a few more beers so we can move him to guard when he hits 280.

5. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

Unfortunately this isn't something new to this season. I watched the playoff loss to the Ravens last year with a buddy who is a Ravens fan, and I told him to watch how many times BDH WASN'T in the game on 2nd and 3rd & short. He couldn't believe it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yeah I mean it totally makes sense for people to complain about his workload but think he should have played even more snaps.

And if you’re apart of the even dumber crowd who thinks we should take our best player off the field more in a game we are trying to win… well cant help you there.

7. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

Ah, I see. Perhaps I gave you too much credit initially. Here's a hint, in a game where BDH had 30+ carries, I'd rather see McNichols in more 2nd-and-15 situations if it means having Henry in more 3rd-and-less-than-3 situations. I apologize this had to be explained to you, but I'm happy to do it.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Go ahead and break down the snap count of 2nd and 15 vs 3rd and 3 from the game Sunday or us, please. I’ll wait.

Pulling made up scenarios out of thin air to try and prove a point is weird hill to die on.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Hint: you are going to be very surprised to see how many 2nd down snaps McNichols actually played, especially when we were in 2nd and long.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

first 2 drives featured 2nd and +10s... like 3 of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar