Game Day Thread Titans @ Jaguars GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanic_Sub, Jan 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I missed the play. Grandkids were distracting me, I looked away... heard the crowd looked up to see Jags running the opposite way.. then I saw the replay and I said oh that isnt a fumble.. it must have been an interception... nope fumble. That was a bs call. No way it was a fumble.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Horse collar bs call gave Dolphins a win today. Jersey good enough for that call? Refs decide more games than the players in my opinion.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. kstone

kstone Starter

Henry best run was called back because a penalty. That's the story of the 2022 Titans

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Yup, and it was a legit good call. At least that call was good imo. I jumped out of my seat on that run….

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

That has been the problem ... Huge problem.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Seahawks game too

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’ve watched that replay probably 20x now, I dont think it was a fumble either. His arm is moving up in his throwing motion at the time it’s knocked loose.

Argue control or not, but he still has three fingers squeezing the end of the ball as it goes forward as well.

I think it’s close, but a bad call and more than anything, despite the magnitude of the play, the league spent almost zero time on it and considering how Vrabel wasted his TO anyway, should have thrown the challenge flag.

#987 HurrayTitans!, Jan 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

It was super close, doubt a challenge would of overturned it. We should of been thinking about getting Stone ready for a booming kick. That sinking feeling I got after thinking we had another game...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

If the refs were consistent on calls a lot of this bs with the refs wouldn't exist. That play to give the Jags the lead for example, if that's a fumble it needs to be a fumble for Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, and etc. The problem with officiating is they pick and choose what a hold or a fumble is to them on a individual basis, there is no standard. Like if a player has contact with football whether it's a pinky or index finger and completes a throwing motion that's a incomplete pass, that's the standard. It can be the other way to were it's a fumble. You can go on and on with everything that constitutes a penalty, have a standard, if the refs sees this it's a flag. No wiggle room no individual bias on what the ref himself feels is flag worthy.

Another option is, just eliminate a lot of these stupid rules that clutter the rule book and go back to the basics. Like wedge formations on KR that nonsense. The NFLs attempt to make a semi violent sport safe has turned the the game into a roulette style flag fest.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Permanent refs and that being their only job may help.

The bright side is, if they’re not reffing part time, the NFL should be able to take action when they suck. We’ll have to see if that’s something that can happen.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar