Game Day Thread Titans @ Jaguars GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanic_Sub, Jan 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

Growing up, approximately 0% of my buddies were Cowboys fans, we were all Oilers fans since they were the hometown team. Fast forward to 1990-91, suddenly, all of my 'life-long' Oilers fan friends were suddenly 'life-long' Cowboy fans. Just one more reason why I detest all things Dallas including their fans.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Anyone know what that play call was before half?

10-7, 23 seconds still and a TO from around the 15.
    Looked like a failed QB draw? Really just a terrible play that wasted a chance for a TD too.

Just couldn’t even tell what the play was supposed to be.

3. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Honestly, I think it was just a PA pass where Dobbs bailed too quickly from the pocket

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yes Dobbs should know that without a doubt

:sarcasm:

5. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

Two things can be true. Dobbs should have gotten the ball out quicker on his fumble, and Vrabel/Downings offensive gameplan was absolute trash.

It's hilarious how you hear they didn't want to put too much pressure on Dobbs to make plays, even though that's literally all they did the entire game by putting him in constant 2nd and 10's, 3rd and 9's.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Fumble my ass. In all the time I have watched the NFL that's an incomplete pass. The refs totally controlled the outcome of the game.

Not that it matters, neither team would advance in the playoffs, but it sucks to see the Titans lose in this manner.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  7. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Warner's commentary is excellent.

8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

[
    Stupid play. But Dobbs has to see that and get that ball out. Wide open WR in the middle of the field too.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

If I understand correctly, the C typically call out the blocking alignment, not sure if that’s where missing Jones hurts or if someone else told them to block to the right.
    That can’t be a pre-play call because the decision has to be made after the D lines up. If the call for blocking was not followed, it’d be a different individual at fault,

Is it also possible they were just fooled by the DE that dropped (even though it’s still 5 on 6 Jax to Titans)

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

blaming Dobbs is stupid

FIRST... it was INC as he had contact with ball and directed it towards a target - THAT is a pass not a fumble

last... it was a pass not a fumble

finally... it was intentional TD given to tarpkitties by ny - F roger RITP

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar