Titans @ Jags Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Does CJ run as bad as Chris Henry yet?

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I hear you....but I am not as concerned about that as I am about not putting him in before he is ready. He is our QB of the future, I agree. Can't we just let him spend a little bit of time learning from the sidelines before we shove him into a pivotal situation on a rebuilding team? I just don't want to hamper his development by pushing him in too fast.

3. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

agreed...those negative yard runs are like a sack. the odds on scoring a td on a drive that has a sack is very very bad

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Our Defense

sucked today. They didn't surrender many points, but that's expected against a team led by Luke McCown. We held the ball on offense for just 20 minutes. That means the Jags players ran up and down the field for nearly 3 quarters on our defense. Missing tackles due to not wrapping up is poor fundamental football. Everyone wants to be the guy laying the hit stick on a receiver, and no one is following fundamental tackling procedure: hit low, wrap them up, hang on until your boys get there if you can't bring them down.

That being said, Akeem Ayers looks like a very good second round value.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah, but you have to look at the situation. When your offense can't do a d@mn thing, it's going to keep the D on the field longer than they should.

Poor D didn't even get to rest at all today. They didn't play well, but I wouldn't give them an (F).

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Looked around the 22-23 yard line to me.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Not true. They had a third down to ice the game and tossed it out of bounds. They gave us the ball back with over 1:40. Enough to win the game and we almost did.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Here's my breakdown/grading.

Matt Hasselbeck: C-
    He was pretty average all game. Besides the one broken play and the other TD to Kenny he did nothing. The 2nd TD to Britt was a solid throw, so ill give him that credit. He also had Damian/Nate dropping balls. His decision making was horrid though, how many times will he do a 1 yard dump off to CJ. It seemed like he didn't even look down field until the 2nd half. He showed flashes of being decent though, just needs to take his shots downfield more.. but not at the end of games when were 20 yards away from a FG.

Chris Johnson: F
    Was invisible all game. I'm sure the holdout didn't help. Having 9 carries all game isn't very helpful. Hopefully he can get to top-form soon, we need more from him if we expect to do anything this year. He also can't just take 5 yards, always looking for the homerun.. drives me crazy.

Kenny Britt: A-
    Made two amazing plays that kept us in the game, literally. Although seemed like he might of ran the wrong route on the last play. Kenny stay healthy and focused and you could be elite soon.

All of WRs/TEs: C-
    Washington was average. Damian and Mariani didn't even show up. Cook was pretty good though. Someone needs to step up and be another target with Britt.

OL: D-
    We got our butts kicked on the line. The Jags DL isn't even that good and we got owned. Every throw was rushed and CJ had virtually no run room. Mathews/Munchak need to get that line improved or it'll be the downfall of the Titans.

DL: C+
    Considering both our starting DEs were out and Hayes was knocked up we didn't do horrible. We did allow a lot of rushing yards, but Mojo is a top5 RB. Hopefully with Morgan/Jones back next week we'll improve a lot. Shaun Smith looked solid.

LBs: C+
    Akeem Ayers played great. Ruud was all over the field and racked up tackles, but was a bit incosistent. McRath and Witherspoon didn't show up.

CBs: B
    Our corner actually did good... However it was the Jags. They have average WRs and McCown, so its hard to tell if we actually improved. McCourty struggled on tackling. I don't even remember Finny this game.

S: D
    Griffin made me mad, he had one solid tackle on the WR bubble screen. But roughing the kicker and allow that completion on 3rd down F'd us. Hope was a noshow, which is better than him getting burnt, but he got hurt.

Coaching: D-
    Offense play calling was HORRIBLE. But with a new coaching staff and a shortened offseason, what do you expect. That's an excuse though, other teams seemed fine. Our playcalling was wayyyy to conservative.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I don't mind it being conservative the first week or so...Hasselbeck decision making will improve. My problem with the play calling is when we chose to run vs pass and pass vs run...

Now I didn't watch the game because DirecTV had 'problems' with their interactive channels (Sunday ticket) for the 1:00 games, but I watched online Gamecast.

Harper only gets one carry? If we had a pounding run game where we could have gotten some chains moved in the first two series things would have opened up and been easier for Hass.

LOLOL :bliss:

I see it, I don't know how many other people here do, but I see it (the similarity that is). Obviously CJ is a better back by leaps and bounds but LOL!!

10. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

He was the reason for the three and outs only when he tried to run the ball. Sorry for the confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar