Titans Interviewing Matt LaFleur (Rams OC)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 11
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

A former QB coach with 1 year of OC experience and didn't call the plays...not real exciting.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I'm not real high on he or Vrabel due to the experience reason. But I guess I don't have to be.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The fresh face, young HC is the trend going on in sports these days.

I can see him being one of the finalists for our vacancy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

A young up and coming coach isexactly the type of hire I said I'd like if Mularkey was fired...but going from QB coach to HC would be a pretty big jump.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah he would be really hard to judge on our end as outside fans looking in. Because quite frankly, we just don't know how much of an influence he's solely had on the Rams. We all just go off of media hype when it comes to debating on HC candidates.

I've seen head coaches who get hired and their unit is at the bottom half in the league as far as production goes.

Selecting a HC is as much of a risk as drafting a player.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

They said McVay wasn't ready
    You never know

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

My criticisms of this one would be: practically no play-calling experience as McVay did everything with that offense and the possibility of him trying to "replicate" what McVay did.

I know it usually comes with the territory of hiring an offensive coordinator to be the head coach, but I'm not a fan of the HC/play-caller combination. McVay took it one step farther and was the HC/OC/play-caller on gameday. He would go sit on a gatorade cooler mid-game and look at the tablet after offensive drives. It's too much responsibility for one guy, IMO.

Part of being a HC is delegating.

I'd love that Rams' playbook though...

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

I really want a young offensive mind, but this one scares me as McVay was the brains behind that offense so I’m not sure how much input he really had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar