Rumor Titans interested in trading for Jarvis Landry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

I've always loved Landry. He was high on my draft board, even after being drafted I felt he was underrated and underappreciated. The guy made several pro bowls, and it wasn't until just recently that people have begun to see him as the talent he is.

With that being said, it only lasted a short time because people are starting to see him as the talent he isn't again, but this time the other way around. He's entering scarily overrated territory, I mean someone said "GOAT potential". Seriously? I'm sure the dolphins are going to ask for an arm & a leg for him, and we're going to have to pay him big time on top of that.

We just spent a #5 pick on Davis, unless a great deal comes along, we need to give him an opportunity to be our #1 guy. Likewise we spent an early third on Taywan. I want to see both of these guys get some good reps under an actually decent system before I'm committing a ton of resources to someone else.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would be more than happy to pay Landry the money because to me he is insurance on whether MM is worth a huge deal. If we add Landry and MM still struggles over the next 2 years as he did this year then you don't have to worry about paying MM that huge deal. If MM and the offense take off gang busters with Landry then fantastic and no one will be complaining about what Landry is getting paid.

I would love to think that Davis and Taylor are going to explode in the new offense, but if they don't and the offense struggles is it because of MM or because of our poor WR play.

We have to give MM all the weapons that we can. That being said I would not trade a high pick for Landry and pay him $16mil

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Landry is all hype, hes all Miami had last year and still didnt really produce the way you want

4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

All of this

5. VondyP

been consistently good for 4 years, he is not all hype. he is a bit overrated though

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Haha one of the writes on PFt said that if the Titans don't replace Cassel this offseason then the Titans are dead to him.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

and Mr 5-yard outs is a real one?

Landry is not the guy we need, but you know who is.........?

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

If JRob went after him, I'm alright with dumping short passes to Landry time and time again.

He could have 150 catches for 1000 yards for all I care. The reason he's open though is that Davis, Matthews and Walker are opening the field for him.

Winning is what matters but if the money spent on Landry (and draft pick) prevents upgrading the defense, then some of the issues recognized from this past year haven't been addressed.

As much as the levitre deal bit Tennessee, it was money spent on the right position. We needed OL and he was among the highest regarded available. Just unfortunate it didn't work out. I'd rather spend the money on CB or pass rush.

9. VondyP

but are we going to spend big anywhere else? is defense the real issue? last year OFFENSE was clearly the issue, not defense. and good pass rushers generally have to be traded/drafted, not bought, otherwise everyone would do it.

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I believe the offense was held back by the coach and the minor injuries that caught up throughout the year. A healthy Murray would have been better, sharpe being used instead of not using Taylor, schwenke seeing the field, little things.

The defense played well against some bad teams but didn't against some good teams. Pass rush is not great. Need a real pass rush guy. Coverage was questionable a lot, need another CB or safety that can cover. ILB is big need.

Aside, the offense was clearly the focus last year in the offense. Defense was hardly addressed with just AJ25 and Ryan. The other signings were marginal at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar