Rumor Titans interested in Nick Foles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

You are right, they probably won't give up a ton of players like that ... just a fun thought.

However, I think what you are asking is a little low. Remember picks traded in future drafts are usually devalued by 1 rd.

The truth is, trading from 20 to 2 is nearly impossible because of all that you would have to give up. I would do your trade with someone like the Jets @ #6

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Thaddeus43

You are right, the would never give up 6 players in a trade ... BUT THAT IS WHAT IT WOULD TAKE to move from #20 all the way to #2. It is such a huge jump, that it is nearly impossible to do.

If Webster accepted the trade you proposed, then I would want him fired on the spot

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

thinking outside the box

I like it

4. Thaddeus43

The Manning/Rivers trade - (essentially the Giants and Chargers swapped 1sts in this trade). Chargers also got a 3rd that year, a 1st and 5th the next year ... just to drop down 3 spots essentially.

Ricky Williams trade - The Saints gave up the 12th, 71st, 107th, 144th, 179th and 218th picks in the 1999 draft and then the 2nd and 64th in the 2000 draft ... that was to move up 7 spots

RGIII trade - Rams pick up 3 1st round picks and a 2nd just to move back 4 spots

If the Eagles are THAT set on moving up to get Mariota, then we have to get them to break the bank for him ... if they aren't willing, then we should sit at 2 and make our pick, or trade it to someone else (like the Jets) that might want him.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Foles, #20, #52, & '16 1st for #2

I'd probably do that. My question: Is Foles legit or is he just a product of Chips scheme? I live with a diehard Eagles fan and my bestfriend is also an Eagles fan. They both LOVE Foles and are mad that the Eagles are even considering trading up for Mariota. So he must be doing something right?

That trade we walk away with a huge improvement at QB, could take Danny Shelton at #20 (maybe, will probably be gone), an OLB at #33, OL at #52, and CB with our 3rd. Could still find some decent talent in the later rounds, heck arguably our best draft picks last year were 4th rounder Huff & 5th rounder Williamson. Pair this draft with the right FAs and we should have a decent year next year.... then have 2 firsts in '16.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You can immediately forget about the Manning/Rivers/Ricky Williams details.
    teams don't do business like that anymore, with the exception of the RG3 trade which was absurd and of course involved The Redskins..

If Philly will spare Foles and a 2nd and a later pick to swap 1sts - make the deal.

7. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

no way, that doesn't add up. Foles is worth a third rounder, it would makes more sense to trade Foles a 2nd round pick and next years first round pick for the #2.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

You guys are WAY overvaluing Foles. He's a 3rd round QB and I doubt anyone would label him a "franchise QB." Plus he only has 1 year left on his deal, that leaves us in a weird predicament because do we extend him now before we see him play in Whis's system, or what if he comes in and has a huge year then his price goes through the roof.

For those suggesting swapping 1st's this year, the Eagles 2nd this year, their 2016 1st rounder and Foles are selling the Titans WAY short. It will take much more than that to move into the top 2 of the draft from number 20. It would probably take more than that for the Jets to move up from #6. As Titan43 said, future picks in drafts are devalued by 1 round, so the value of next year's first round pick is actually only worth a 2nd round pick this year.

If the Titans were picking at 20 and wanted to move to #2, we would all agree it would take more than that to trade up.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Titans are going to roll with another backup QB as their starter? Great.

• Boring Boring x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

that would be a really bad trade. To move up 18 spots in the first round would have to take at least this year's and and next's first rd.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar