Titans Interested in Manning?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pobo90, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

I wouldn't put much stock into the comments over there. Its always been bad, but over the last year or so its become a complete cesspool.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Well see I figured that but atleast it could stir the pot some more if it's even remotely true lol. I am watching the clashing posters on this board over the what's happening and I find it very entertaining. Got to keep it going.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

that sounds too good to be true.

I'm sure Manning will take the day to recover from the jet lag he is surely suffering from.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

dolphins out

Citing a source, Dave Hyde of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Dolphins are "out of the running" for free agent Peyton Manning.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Schefter is talking about it. So it sounds legit. Looks like Bud is the game.

6. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Agreed. Its quality entertainment here!

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Where did Schefter talk about Manning-Titans?

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Based on the info that's out there, it kind of sounds like Bud Adams is so out of touch with the day to day operations of this franchise that he has resorted to calling up reporters (Jim Wyatt in this case) and trying to start rumors about which players his own team might sign. Messed up... Thankfully, Reinfeldt is in as the CEO and he can mostly make sure that the team doesn't completely self-destruct. I bet half his job is taking calls from Bud and trying to convince him that his crazy ideas are not good for the Titans.

About a year ago I said that Bud's worsening mental state is making the Titans into a team that's not far from the Raiders in the last few years of Al Davis's life. Some people said I was going too far. I'm not so sure I was.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Either way it is still HIS team. Sad-really to see an owner not stepping aside when clearly the game has passed him. He's a nut- but hey- he's OUR nut. I wish he could see HIS team get a SB ring before checking out. It just doesn't seem fair that a guy who has invested so much in a franchise might never see a title.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That article was written by suPK.

Really doesn't it make sense that Peyton would take most reps anyway given that he was the franchise and no other QB could do what he did as far as leading an offense?

What I would hope happens IF Peyton were to sign is that we have a Locker package. Something that just Locker works on that would be different than Manning's style.

But if Manning is 90-95% of what he was it really doesn't matter. We'd be talking a top5QB vs an unknown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar