Rumor Titans interested in 1st overall pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Arrow, Feb 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

Disagree. Henry, Burks, and Chig are good weapons. The defense is great when healthy. Just need to rebuild the OL. Luckily, if we are moving on from Tanne, we will have 55+ million in cap room to improve the OL.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Speculation.

Id say he has all the qualities of Adrian Peterson in toughness but with a higher durability. That would say BDH still can post 7-8 quality seasons.

it breaks the narrative of RB and 30 cliff which is not really based off anything anyway. It’s based off cost of established RB vs the cost of a replacement that may be a small step down but frees tons of cap space.

#42 HurrayTitans!, Feb 4, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Wingman

Wingman Starter

agree. Nothing impressive to me about stroud or young. Trade up to 3 and get will levis- bigger, stronger, more athletic and better arm

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. Wingman

Wingman Starter

I suspect the combine tests will drop young and stroud quite a bit

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

How did CMC help the Panthers succeed in the postseason/reach the post season? He didnt. Spending a first round pick on a running back is easily one of the most asinine things a team can do.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Or Barkley in NY

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Nothing impressive about Levis IMO.

I like Stroud, just not the QB you would sell the farm for. I'm just not a fan of giving up so much draft capital to move up for.

Do you know how much capital it would take to move up from #11 to #1? Ran better not be that stupid.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

How? I think the combine will actually help Stroud and Young (that'sif they participate). Nobody questions their accuracy. They are super accurate with a pass rush, therefore they will be fine.

Combine only hurts QB'S with questionable accuracy. If they're not accurate at the Combine then chances they won't be accurate in the NFL.

Young and Stroud stock won't be hurt by the Combine at all (if they participate).

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Or Peterson in Minnesota. Wait, there are some exceptions.

That said, not sure anyone is that impressive this year and it’s even more difficult to judge seeing the college levels are moving towards a passing league just like the NFL.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That's why I hate making RB's expendable.

If we are moving towards a passing league (which has been done for a while now) then we better select a QB now or else we're in trouble.

I'm in the minority in thinking that a team can still win with a great running game and great defense. There's no RB worthy of a first round pick but I damn sure wouldn't be opposed to drafting one in the second round.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with pairing Henry up with an early drafted RB. It was suppose to be Darryton Evans and you see how that would worked out.

That said, there's no RB worthy of a 1st or second round pick this year except Bijan Robinson and even him is a risky pick.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar