Titans Inform McNair of Impending Release

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTtans.com, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUMMARY: As rumors swirled concerning his contract situation, QB Steve McNair just wanted to know where he stood. The Titans let him know on Friday evening, informing him that he would be released. The move will save the Titans $10 million in salary cap space for the upcoming season, but leave the team without their best-known player as well as a fan favorite. “It’s definitely a bitter pill to swallow, but we feel it’s best for Steve as well as the organization,” said General Manager Floyd Reese. “We felt that his salary was just too much for us to pay, and they wouldn’t come off their contract demands,” Reese said. The move serves as further evidence that the team plans to select a new franchise quarterback with the 3rd overall pick in the upcoming draft. "Steve is glad to finally know where he stands, even if he’s disappointed in the decision," Agent Bus Cook said. “We’ll start talking to teams as soon as we can to see where the best fit is for Steve.”

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

3. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Its not April first here on the west coast! I won't be fooled until tomorrow.

4. Well, I try... Too bad there's no way for me to modify the account info to make it look like the real thing...

5. Yvette

Yvette Starter

Well I'm a sucker :irked:

6. titanfan53

titanfan53 put me in coach

still got a minute till the 1st but you all most had me, nice one

7. danny

danny Guest

Profootball talk.com is reporting Parcells quit over the T.O. signing. I suppose this stuff will be all over today.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Don't go April fools just yet...

If this is a joke, I'm not laughing...

I don't want Steve to go. I want him to get real and settle on a two-year deal with a one year option/extention that has a cap impact half of what it is now... If he can't do that then...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Why all of this before the draft?
    That makes no sense to me.

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

mcnair will always be a titan he wont leave

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

April Fools or not .... it might still happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar