Titans in the running for Culpepper?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by inVINCEable, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyrant539

tyrant539 Guest

I think this deal will help us out greatly. We can release mac and move on. This could be extremely cap friendly over the next two or three seasons.

2. inVINCEable

inVINCEable Guest

While I agree that this whole deal is un-Reese like, I say why not? I don't think anyone can come on this board and honestly say that this wouldn't be worth a 2nd Round pick. Now, you can tell from my screen name that I'm in favor of drafting Young at #3, but I'm also in favor of doing what ever it takes to get this team back to the top of the AFC South. Floyd always seems to pull a draft day wonder when it comes to picking up extra picks.........what the heck! Pull the trigger Floyd!!

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If we get Culpepper, it's definately in our best interest to hang onto Volek. I think he's worth the risk of only a number 2 pick, but I'm not really a big fan at this point.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think we could definately pick up at least a 3 for McNair. How Culpepper's current deal would affect our cap is the big question...

5. wg53

wg53 Starter

No, thanks. We can do without a turnover machine that Culpepper is. He fumbles like crazy and throws a good amount of INTs as well.

6. wg53

wg53 Starter

And where on the espn site is this?

7. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I can't believe somebody thinks that Culpepper is better than McNair. Culpepper is bigger, and he is younger. But Better? He is the perfect model of inconsistency; he never has good back to back seasons. People complain about Mcnair's injury history, but he never had a major knee injury, something that Culpepper is recovering from now.
    I would have been shocked if we traded for Dante, but if he was cheap I think it could be a very smart deal. I reiterate, IF he was CHEAP. Coach Chow has a long and fantastic history of coaching QB's, and Culpepper has a lot of natural ability. It would have been interesting, but I'm not sure he could even beat out Billy V. Don't sleep on Volek, last year was last year. I am not sure at all that Culpepper can even play this year, and Volek has chemistry with Drew, and he knows this team.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

All true. However, Volek lacks the durability to be a starting QB in the NFL. Volek has been injured in each of his last three starts, and was unable to finish any of them. I don't care how good a guy is...and Volek is good, no question about it....it doesn't help a bit when he's not on the field.

The funny thing is, everyone rides Chris Brown for not being tough enough, and being injury prone. But next to Volek, CB looks like Eddie George.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

NO!! I'd 10x rather have Brees ove Culpepper. Not only do I have questions about his abilities as a QB without Randy Moss, I also can not take seriously a guy who demands more money from his club following a season where he played horribly, got injuried and was involved in off-field issues as well.

For a 2nd round I will say no thanks. And Culpepper isn't exactly young (29) and he's taken his share of hits over the years, so we might have to get a new QB in 2-3 years time anyway.

Use the 1. round pick to draft a quarterback if we (the Titans FO) believes he's a sure pick (no prospects!!) and use the 2. round pick on a LB. Maybe pick up a prospect in the later rounds, hoping to find the next Tom Brady.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar