Titans in the running for Culpepper?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by inVINCEable, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inVINCEable

inVINCEable Guest

Taken from ESPN.Com @ 1:08 a.m. C.S.T.

The Vikings tried to put a Friday night deadline on a trade of Daunte Culpepper but no deal has been finalized.

Three teams were in the supposed final bidding -- the Raiders, the Dolphins and the Titans. But the Raiders dropped out when they heard the price was going to be a second-round choice.

The Vikings were telling teams they could get a second-round choice for Culpepper, who asked to be traded early this week.

2. inVINCEable

inVINCEable Guest

I for one didn't see that coming..............maybe Reese IS trying to make a splash!

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

boy o boy, I did not see that either.

But heck, take Culpepper for a 2nd is worth it, and can get Brick, Hawk, trade down to get another 2nd round pick, trade volek (or McNair) get another 3rd.

I dunno.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I really dont see this happening, but as long as we dont have to give up a first Id be for it, then we could go with Ferguson or Hawk with our first round pick and still get a pretty young QB. But, I still dont see it happening.

5. tyrant539

tyrant539 Guest

Culpeper would be an improvement over Mac. If he returns to 2004 form we would be able to stretch the field and he would have some mobility if his wheel heals up. We could trade down and take a RB(Deangelo or Lendale) or Hawk or take D'brick and shure up the O-line.

6. inVINCEable

inVINCEable Guest

I don't know either Gunny.............I guess it hasn't sunk in yet! That one came out of left field. If I had to lean one way or the other, I'd say pull the trigger for a 2nd Rounder, Volek or McNair and turn around and trade the other to Miami for their 2nd?? I'm at a loss for the moment...............probably all for nothing though. There has to be a hang up somewhere because we've heard nothing for the last 24 hrs of how Minnesota would make a deal prior to the deadline and now we're past it and still no deal!

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He is definately leaving Minnesota, and I honestly dont like the idea of drafting a QB with the 3rd pick because they tend to be about 50/50 whether they end up being worth that high a pick or not. I dont see us getting Culpepper, but if it just takes a second I say do it and draft Hawk or Ferguson.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is un-Reese like though. Which is why I find it hard to believe.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont believe it either, but we should at least keep in mind that we are more of a player for something like this with the cap than we thought we would be. If we are going to draft a QB at 3 then we are giving up on McNair anyway, so I would rather take the proven guy and draft at another posistion then draft a QB at 3.

10. tyrant539

tyrant539 Guest

If it wasn't for Peymeaton in 2004 Duante would have got his roll on all the way to MVP. I think we should give up the two and forget about the crapshoot at #3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar