Rumor Titans in the mix for Olivier Vernon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JiminyBillyBob, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Don't worry, we'll get to play against him twice a year for the next decade. :disappointed:

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's what I don't want!! Although Dallas may take him at 4.

I hope we tske him...I really don't think Tunsil will help now, need vet at RT

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Terry McCormick isn't the most accurate guy but he says there's no connection between us and Vernon right now.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

espn rolling out trash lol

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Another reason I want Ramsey. Don't want him going to a rival and abusing us for a decade.

6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

But we don't need a guy who is DE in a 4-3 scheme and we already have 2 starters, right? We don't need to pay 12+mill for a backup. Using your logic when arguing against taking Bosa at No.1

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Ambushing us? Ramsey had 3 career INT's in college. In contrast, Brian Randolph has been UT's most consistent defensive player for the past 4 seasons, and had 8 career INT's...including one against Bama in a near upset, this past year. Yet, he gets practically no press.

People here keep talking like Ramsey is the next Woodson. I'm not buying it. Seems overhyped because he is a native Nashville kid.

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Where did you get ambushing from?

You do realize a CB completely shutting down an opponents #1 WR is just as important and ints right? Considering everyone in the division except us has a #1 WR, getting someone who can line up across from them would be smart.

I swear you don't think about what you say. His ints really aren't relevant to the conversation.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

When did I say pay him $12 million? I would like him as a backup but at a certain price.

Keep grasping for straws buddy. You'll just keep swinging and missing

Don't draft number 1 overall for depth. That's the dumbest thing anyone could do. #1 overall is for franchise players.

10. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

INT's are indeed important. They are often used as a measuring stick for a DB's value. Guys who are true shutdown corners tend to get their share of INT's when teams throw their way. Same thing goes for a Free Safety. They are usually facing the QB and are able to break on the ball more easily than a CB. Ramsey played both, and only had 3 INT's. If he had a bunch, we all know you'd be using that statistic to bolster his draft stock.

• Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar